Main Menu

Will large cities become obsolete?

Started by MadImmortalMan, October 09, 2013, 08:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2013, 06:23:53 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2013, 04:48:32 PM
You wouldn't be able to buy land because you wouldn't have a livelihood.  A society advanced enough to create a teleportation machine would have left the evils of lawyerdom behind years ago.

Excellent.  In a world where everyone says exactly what they are going to do and does exactly what they say they are going to do; a world in which there is not commercial, personal or international disagreements; a world in which all legislation is unnecessary (and so to is the need to interpret the legislation) I am sure I could find something else to do - like travel around this Star Trek universe you invisage and seek out new life and new civilizations.  But until that day comes I think my ability to purchase that lake is secure.
That's what judges are for.  Lawyers are only there to lie.

Thats funny, I wouldnt have thought you were one for the Napoleanic Inquisitorial style of "justice".

PDH

Neil is more for Old Testament style justice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive