News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bartender bounces bear from Juneau bar

Started by jimmy olsen, October 06, 2013, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Now that would have been a sight to see!  :lol:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/09/24/environment/bartender-bounces-bear-from-bar?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
QuoteBartender bounces bear from Juneau bar
September 24, 2013

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — If only all unwelcome bar guests were this obliging. A black bear walked into the bar at the Alaskan Hotel in downtown Juneau on Monday night.

Bartender Ariel Svetlik-McCarthy says she freaked out and yelled, "No bear! Get out! No! You can't be in here!"

The bear complied, leaving the bar within seconds.

State biologist Ryan Scott says it's rare for black bears to go inside Juneau businesses, but they have wandered inside homes before.

He tells KTOO the staff did a great job, and it was good news the bear left.

State wildlife officials have killed two nuisance bears in Juneau this summer.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

They never write about how the bear and his three bear buddies came back and waited for the bouncer in the parking lot after the bar closed.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2013, 07:28:44 AM
They never write about how the bear and his three bear buddies came back and waited for the bouncer in the parking lot after the bar closed.

It was only then that the bouncer realised she had made a boo-boo  :huh:

Brazen

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 07, 2013, 07:33:56 AM

:bleeding:

PIC-A-NIC BASKET!

Jacob

Cecil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2013, 07:44:20 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 07, 2013, 07:33:56 AM

:bleeding:

PIC-A-NIC BASKET!

Insert image of Peter Griffin knifing Yogi.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Viking

top tip for bears in bars, if you hit on the koala, use a condom
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

:rolleyes: They couldn't hit on an elephant at this dist...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.