Wendy Davis running for Governor of Texas

Started by merithyn, October 04, 2013, 08:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2014, 02:49:50 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 27, 2014, 02:38:21 PM
Running for governor of Texas is not a traditional gender role for her. :(

Neither is abandoning her kids.  But having a sugar daddy put her through college is fairly traditional I suppose.

You must be so happy :cheers:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Well, even if it makes her a rather distasteful individual, it doesn't necessarily make her the worst choice for Texas Governor amongst the available candidates.

:P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 27, 2014, 03:05:01 PM
Well, even if it makes her a rather distasteful individual, it doesn't necessarily make her the worst choice for Texas Governor amongst the available candidates.

:P

Put on a blindfold and mash a random button.  Feel better knowing that whoever you pick, it isn't Gov. Good Hair.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

She doesn't impress me.

Because she is a woman.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

She is very easy on the eyes (put my glasses on this time).

I learned from reading a review of the new Richard Ailes biography that the infamous Willie Horton ad was not produced by the campaign.  Some kind of Swiftboat type operation.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 09:28:10 AM
Perhaps it's not fair to say that Texas is "anti-education" or "anti-healthcare". They aren't so much against either, as against either that is done in a way that isn't in accordance with their approved methods and methodology.

Of course, those methods and methodology are deemed backwards and thirdworld-ish by most of the rest of the world, but there you go.
Your first statement is diluted into meaninglessness, and your second is a falsehood.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:00:33 AM
The gals at work call me "sweetie", "babe", etc. and somehow it never occurred to me to get all offended.
Yeah, but you don't have large pressure groups pumping out media to try and increase your militancy.  Well, not as a man at least.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.