Leading Scientists Weigh In on the Mother of All Climate Reports

Started by Syt, September 27, 2013, 09:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

TL, DR, but isin't this the report that says the temp increases over the last 15 years have been less than Al-Gore and Friends (tm) projected?

I don't  get it, what are they bitching about now? Clearly global warming is not happening or happening at a far slower rate than the climonazis believed.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on September 29, 2013, 02:02:49 PM
TL, DR, but isin't this the report that says the temp increases over the last 15 years have been less than Al-Gore and Friends (tm) projected?

I don't  get it, what are they bitching about now? Clearly global warming is not happening or happening at a far slower rate than the climonazis believed.

Ah, an inconvenient truther.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

This is from Rush Limbough

"If I'm in a global warming movement, and it hasn't warmed up in the last 15 years, I'd claim credit for it. I say it's all the hybrids. It's the reduction in coal! I claim that everything I've been advocating is the reason, and then I'd say,"We need to do more of this." I mean, if their objective is to downsize this country and downsize our lifestyle and downsize our progress, we had a golden opportunity.

Fifteen years of no warming! They could have claimed credit and probably had a pretty good chance of being supported by the media in advocating further lifestyle change. But they didn't, did they? Because they don't want the issue changing in any way.  They don't want the premise changed. The premise is it's getting warmer and we're causing it, and nothing is gonna change that narrative. Nothing.  Even if they can claim success in it.

The narrative, the template is, "It's getting warmer, we're causing it, we have to pay a price," and it's never gonna end. Just like affirmative action will never end. There will never be a day where somebody says, "You know what?  Okay, we've had enough reverse racism now that we've evened the score, and we're gonna get rid of it and we're now in a level playing field." They (sic) will never happen.  The price will never be paid. "

Eddie Teach

Siege moved from the Middle East to the United States so clearly it's getting cooler.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Siege

"Religion has ritual. Global warming alarmism has recycling and Earth Day celebrations.   

Some religions persecute heretics. Some global warming alarmists identify "denialists" and liken them to Holocaust deniers.   

Religions build grand places of worship. Global warming alarmists promote the construction of windmills and solar farms that produce uneconomic and intermittent electricity.   

Global warming alarmism even has indulgences like the ones Martin Luther protested. You can buy carbon offsets to gain forgiveness for travel on carbon-emitting private jet aircraft.
"

Zanza

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2013, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 28, 2013, 09:12:59 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2013, 03:52:28 AM
Yup,  we're boned.

At least America's doing it's part. IIRC we're the only nation to reach the Kyoto emission goals of 1990 levels. Pretty ironic that we never signed that treaty and it happened by complete accident due to market forces involving natural gas.

You remembered wrong.
Ok, who else met the goal?
http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/2012/sbi/eng/31.pdf
Looking at this 2012 report (based on 2010 figures), the US increase its greenhouse emissions since 1990 by about 10%, while the EU decreased its greenhouse emissions by 15%. Do you have a source for your claim?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Siege

Jabba The Rush.

By the way, I finished Princess of Mars last week, and its incredibly how much it influenced modern sci-fi.
The Jabba The Hut scene is a complete copy of when the fat Tark leader had Dejah Doris chained and half-naked, and John Carter came in to save her.
Even the flying barges are a copy of the flying ships of the Red Martians. No to mention architecture and so on.

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on September 29, 2013, 02:40:11 PM
Jabba The Rush.

By the way, I finished Princess of Mars last week, and its incredibly how much it influed modern sci-fi.
The Jabba The Hut scene is a complete copy of when the Tark leaders had Dejah Doris chained and half-naked, and John Carter came in to save her.
Even the flying barges are a copy of the flying ships of the Red Martians. No to mention architecture and so on.

That's Disney for ya.

Siege

Quote from: The Brain on September 29, 2013, 02:41:17 PM
Jabba The Rush.

By the way, I finished Princess of Mars last week, and its incredibly how much it influed modern sci-fi.
The Jabba The Hut scene is a complete copy of when the Tark leaders had Dejah Doris chained and half-naked, and John Carter came in to save her.

That's Disney for ya.

I was talking about the book from 1911.

The recent Disney version was crap, except for the Green Martians.
Dejah Thoris wasn't a fighter, the flying ships didn't have wings, etc, etc.

Jacob

Quote from: Siege on September 29, 2013, 02:35:32 PMWhat? You didn't know he was fat like a whale?

So do you actually believe the Limbaugh stuff you're posting, or are you just trolling for the laughs?

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on September 29, 2013, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 29, 2013, 02:41:17 PM
Jabba The Rush.

That's Disney for ya.

I was talking about the book from 1911.

The recent Disney version was crap, except for the Green Martians.
Dejah Thoris wasn't a fighter, the flying ships didn't have wings, etc, etc.

And I'm talking about the Star Wars movies.