News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warhammer online

Started by crazy canuck, March 23, 2009, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ape

Trying an Warriorpriest now, and they are so freaking overpowered. Two choppas at the same time? No problem. Only if three or more players are hitting on me do I go down, but usually it takes so long time that I might get help from other players.

Valmy

Quote from: Ape on March 26, 2009, 02:45:28 AM
Trying an Warriorpriest now, and they are so freaking overpowered. Two choppas at the same time? No problem. Only if three or more players are hitting on me do I go down, but usually it takes so long time that I might get help from other players.

Healers in this game are so hard to kill.  Which is probably a good thing since everybody tries to kill you on sight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ape on March 26, 2009, 02:45:28 AM

I hear people saying that the classes that are most fun in Tier 4 are WP, Eng, BW and their mirrors.

Ape

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2009, 10:37:23 AM

I hear people saying that the classes that are most fun in Tier 4 are WP, Eng, BW and their mirrors.

I can witness that after 1.2 Witch elves in T4 became duller then watching paint dry, unless of course you're a masochist that likes dieing, a lot, actually even more then a lot, you die if someone look at you crosswise, sure Witch elves were just as fragile before, but then you could at least take one or maybe two BW's with you. Now they laugh at you.  :cry:

Berkut

Quote from: Ape on March 26, 2009, 11:07:12 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2009, 10:37:23 AM

I can witness that after 1.2 Witch elves in T4 became duller then watching paint dry, unless of course you're a masochist that likes dieing, a lot, actually even more then a lot, you die if someone look at you crosswise, sure Witch elves were just as fragile before, but then you could at least take one or maybe two BW's with you. Now they laugh at you.  :cry:

Havent played WH in a while, but this post makes me happy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

QuoteMythic Shutting Down Warhammer Online
By Kevin ParrishSEPTEMBER 19, 2013 11:00 PM - Source: Mythic Entertainment

Mythic Entertainment announced on Wednesday that just after five years, the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning MMORPG is shutting its doors on December 18. Going forward, players will no longer be able to renew their subscriptions, and three-month game codes will no longer be sold. Mythic said that along with Warhammer IP owner Games Workshop, the studio has chosen not to renew the Warhammer licensing deal when it expires in December.

"Games Workshop has cultivated a world class IP. We were lucky enough to play in their universe for nearly a decade, with five great long years live," said game producer Carrie Gouskos in a letter to subscribers. "However, like all things – our contract has come to an end. Both Games Workshop and Mythic agreed to part ways, despite how hard it is emotionally on us to let the game go. It has been a tremendous honor to work with Games Workshop and even though we may be parting ways, our relationship with them remains strong."

The closure follows Mythic's move to shut down the free-to-play Wrath of Heroes Warhammer-based game back in March after it failed to sustain enough revenue to remain open for business. Warhammer Online is likely facing the same issue, as the subscription count has continuously dropped since shortly after the game's September 2008 launch. Subscription numbers reportedly peaked at 750K just three weeks after the doors opened, then dropped down to 300K in February 2009. A month later, Mythic pulled 63 servers offline.

"Warhammer, despite its flaws, was a valiant effort into the MMO space," Gouskos said. "I don't think any of its critics would ever call it boring. It struck out boldly, and some of the game's novel features are now considered industry standard for MMOs. The credit goes to far too many to list it out here, and it's almost irrelevant. The point is that some of the most talented people in gaming made Warhammer possible. They worked insanely long hours, and they put their heart and soul into trying to make this beautiful IP a living and breathing universe."

Back in June Mythic pulled the plug on Warhammer Online's 6-month codes and 6-month auto-renewals due to a lack of interest. Codes already purchased would be honored, but after June 18, these codes would no longer be offered to players. The studio also suggested that current subscribers change their account to 1-month or 3-month auto-renewals. Now starting September 18 (Wednesday), the 3-month codes and 3-month auto-renewals have also been removed to reflect the upcoming closure.

A similar fate came to Star Wars Galaxies at the end of 2011. Both Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts Entertainment decided not to renew their licensing deal, thus bringing the struggling MMORPG to a close after a good, long fight. SOE head John Smedley said the closure had nothing to do with subscription numbers, despite the drop in user numbers.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

I had some fun times playing it with buddies when there were people on the servers. RIP.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Too bad they didn't make it FTP. I enjoy the setting and liked the game when it came out.

crazy canuck

Its too bad they couldnt make this work.  I think they had some really good ideas (now refined in GW2) but the execution was off.  They released the game without two important classes and once they were released they had already lost their subscriber base.  They opened too many servers too soon making the work feel empty and all of their open world quests largely unplayable.  Lastly they released the game too soon and they hadnt worked out some technical glitches that also cost them subscribers early.  I think they made the mistake of thinking that subscribers would stick with them through the rough spots because that is what happened in the early days of WoW.  They forgot that there wasnt much competition for WoW back in the day.  There was for WH.

Sophie Scholl

Hopefully GW hooks up with another company to make some games within their fantasy setting.  I always wanted to give this a try, but it collapsed early and never went FTP.  I love the setting, but it looks like the p&p game is as close as I'll get to being able to immerse myself in the world for now.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."