Started by jimmy olsen, September 25, 2013, 11:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 26, 2013, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2013, 09:19:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 26, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
Is it still shameful?

Hmm?

As a general rule.  I mean, let's say Meri is single.  Would she date a dude that admitted to frequenting or even occasionally hiring the services of a prostitute?  Perhaps I'd be surprised, but I suspect the answer would be no--and Meri is about as libertine as a mainstream American gets.

I am also interested in your answer to the question.

My answer would be that it depends. If any older gent, probably not - but my age, I'd have eyebrows. That's of course because of the whole illegality of it right now. Probably wouldn't give two shits otherwise.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

On some level, an individual who sleeps with sex workers in this new paradigm could be better as they'd be less likely to have STDs as the worker would keep themselves safe.

That said, I guess the 3rd thing I should have raised was expectations on appearance. Depending on how frequently the individual pays for sex, they may have heightened aesthetic expectations out of a potential partner. That could prove a problem although that is more something for them to work out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.