News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PnP RPGs

Started by The Brain, March 14, 2009, 09:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

CRPGs need not apply. >:(

My gaming group just finished Ashes of Middenheim, part one of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Paths of the Damned campaign. Its tightly controlled sequence of events made running it easy but I look forward to the more freeform part two, Spires of Altdorf.

While talking about WFRP today I bought Shades of Empire, a background book on various organizations in the Empire. I don't really need it but it can be nice to read at least. Maybe.

I also bought Creatures Anathema, the Dark Heresy monster manual. All Dark Heresy stuff so far has been most excellent, I hope this is as well.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Somewhat weird thing in Creatures Anathema. In the chapter on Death Worlds the "planet portraits" have been created by using maps of parts of Earth in various ways, modified and mixed up but still recognizable. One of the planets has a huge landmass that looks exactly like France, in another you can clearly make out the Chinese coast, and in a third you can see fucking Alaska. Alaska!

Design decision = fail.

Otherwise the book is good. I do have one complaint though, about the Tech Heresy part (SPOILER):

Why are so many of the Tech Heresy things presented warp-related? I wouldn't mind one cross-over between warp and tech-heresy, but a majority of the stuff? How odd. Ah well, most can be used by the GM essentially unchanged but without making warp references.

Darth Wagtaros

We should be starting some large modules this Wednesday in our 4.0 game.  My halfling fighter just reached level five.  I heard one of them might be the World's Largest Dungeon. 
PDH!

Benedict Arnold

My old Star Wars/LotR group is thinking of reforming.  Unsure what we're going to running.  I'd like to do a Saga Edition run set during the CLone Wars or Rebellion period.  We ran in the Yuzhon-Vong period last time, and I wasn't a big fan.  Fuck the post-Jedi era. >:(

Darth Wagtaros

Try the Sith War period.  Face off against Ulic and Exar.
PDH!

Drakken

I only play Earthdawn with a bunch of friends once a week, we have played through our storyline for almost 3 years now.

Also, I really feel nostalgic about V:tM 3rd edition, if only because while I have played through it in LARPS, I have very seldomly played by table'n'dice. I wish I had played it more that way.  :(

saskganesh

we are trying to get our Rolemaster campaign rebooted. I am playing a deep gnome thief from Austria (he calls himself a Trolle and he is green after all) who is a part of a high level party who have planeshifted to an alternate Camelot. Anyhow, we are in Arthur's service and there is some evil coalition that we are investigating... wood golems, ogres, magicians and bandits so far. the baddies have attacked the realm of some friendly (and meek) deer centaurs. Part of the party is on scouting expedition deep into the forest lair of the baddies while my character is part of the deer-centaur "fighting retreat."

Meanwhile the Romans have regrouped and under a new Imperator are reestablishing themselves in Normandy. I do not know if they are part of the conspiracy, but I figure they will want to restablish suzerainity over Britain, leading to a war with Arthur in the near future.
humans were created in their own image

The Brain

I always wanted to go on a deer centaur retreat. :)

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image