What is the Most Screwed Up Thing About Your State?

Started by Syt, September 25, 2013, 02:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2013, 08:28:43 AM
I wonder if Wyoming's problem is caused by Montanans driving across state lines.

I think most of Wyoming's driving fatalities are single car rollovers.  Long empty roads, high speeds, drop two wheels off the pavement and overcorrect - death because the goob wasn't wearing a seat belt.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

Yeah we have the most foreclosures because we passed a law making it hard to process them and they've been piling up ever since 2011.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Funny how states known for having tougher crime laws tend to have more crime. I wonder which way the correlation goes...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 25, 2013, 02:09:39 PM
Funny how states known for having tougher crime laws tend to have more crime. I wonder which way the correlation goes...

:lol:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 25, 2013, 10:11:04 AM
I hate Newfoundland 'cause they talk so weird
And Prince Edward Island is... too small
Nova Scotia's dumb 'cause it's the name of a bank
New Brunswick doesn't have a good mall
Quebec is revolting and it makes me mad
Ontario sucks, Ontario sucks
The population density of Manitoba is 1.4 people per square kilometre, isn't that stupid?
Saskatchewan is boring and the people are old
And as for the Territories:  They're too cold!
And the only good thing about the province of British Columbia is that it's right next to us
'Cause Albertaaaaaa doesn't suck
But Calgary doesss.

Corb Lund?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 26, 2013, 10:44:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2013, 08:58:41 AM
Is an average daily commute of 30 minutes that bad? :huh:

About 25 minutes too long, yes.

How so? I don't think most people work at home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I don't either.  Office is five minutes by car, twenty-five by foot.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 26, 2013, 11:16:21 AM
I don't either.  Office is five minutes by car, twenty-five by foot.

That's five minutes once in the car though right and is that to desk or just to parking lot?

For instance I say my commute is 15 minutes but that's walking out my door to sitting in my cube.

Ideologue

Fair enough, I guess it's more like eight minutes.
Kinemalogue

Savonarola

Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2013, 02:11:24 AM
Quote9. Florida: highest rate of identity theft (122.3 reports per 100,000 people)

Busted.  I'll admit it.  I'm not actually a Dominican monk from Ferrara.   :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 25, 2013, 11:07:53 AM
I wonder what the people in the most obese state look like

You don't want to know, actually.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall