News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How many moving violations have you gotten?

Started by Razgovory, September 23, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Since Phil is getting his first ticket, I was wondering how the rest of you guys drive.  I have gotten one, for speeding back in 2001.  I think I payed around $100.  I've been pulled over since then, but never got a ticket or anything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

2 speeding tickets in California. I think I once had a reckless driving ticket but it disappeared.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Got a speeding ticket in 2010, my first since high school.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2013, 09:23:01 PM

And now your are in college.  Maybe your life is on repeat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

One in the past decade. Fucking Greene County deputy didn't care for my attitude. I WAS BEING NICE YOU PRICK. He didn't like my Challenger, damn asshole.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2013, 09:25:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2013, 09:23:01 PM

And now your are in college.  Maybe your life is on repeat.

Ain't that the truth.

DontSayBanana

4.  Two no-point generic violations, a speeding ticket, and driving uninsured (thank you, being too poor to afford paying car insurance on time).
Experience bij!

Ideologue

I dunno.  Why're you so fucking curious?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

I liked your post with the SLED reference before you edited it.  You reprobate.

merithyn

I've only ever had two speeding tickets in my 30 years of driving, and I got them within a month of each other two years ago. Champaign went through and lowered the speeding limits on a bunch of street, then set up cops around town to enforce the new limits. :glare:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2013, 09:36:45 PM
I liked your post with the SLED reference before you edited it.  You reprobate.

I thought maybe people wouldn't get it.  I appreciate that you did. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Capetan Mihali

I got a warning when I got pulled over a few weeks ago on I-89 in Vermont for supposedly going 80 in a 65.  :blink:  I thought only attractive young women got warnings.  I was very polite, but I wasn't especially cooperative.

EDIT:  Otherwise, certain events may or may not have transpired in Nassau County, N.Y. and Knox County, Tn., but Allstate doesn't want to know about them, and neither do I.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on September 23, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
2 speeding tickets in California. I think I once had a reckless driving ticket but it disappeared.

Don't know how long ago the reckless driving was, but you might want to follow up on it.  Those can get quasi-criminal in nature, even if states don't do a good job reporting them to each other.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)