News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Occupy Wall Street Turns 2

Started by Savonarola, September 20, 2013, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2013, 05:05:10 PM
I think that politicians rarely do a careful econometric analysis to determine whether or not such incentives are a net positive for their jurisdiction.  Instead they see "JOBS=VOTES" and then ex post facto try and rationalize their decision.

Econometrics wouldn't do you any good.  The investor tells you how many people they're going to hire at what wages and some scut down at the economic development office plugs them into a spreadsheet to come up with a revenue number.

Darth Wagtaros

Seize the factories! Then seize the suppliers' warehouses when you run out of building materials. Then the farmers' produce when you need food.  Then install Ide as the Commissar to ensure Ideological Reliability.  No thank you.
PDH!

Ideologue

To be fair, you could do a lot worse than me as a commissar for anything.  I'm a pretty mellow dude.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2013, 05:03:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2013, 04:57:48 PM
I think that statement is debatable.

Are you arguing from first premises, or do you have an example or two in mind?

I know of some local examples.  I strongly suspect that there examples of this in other states and across the country.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017