Austria cops besiege farmhouse after suspected poacher shoots dead 3

Started by Syt, September 17, 2013, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2013, 11:39:23 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on September 18, 2013, 11:14:46 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 18, 2013, 11:07:45 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2013, 10:23:39 AM

Police found weapons "in the triple digits" in his house, plus many stolen license plates (that were presumably used for his poaching trips). Official cause of death: Bullet to the head.

Background checks, stricter gun control would have prevented this.  :lol:

That, and ban violent video games.

And implement midnight basketball.

Unless it involved using heads as the ball, it may not have interested this guy ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Interesting factoid: If you apply for a hunting permit in Austria, you require no psychological evaluation (unlike if you apply for a "normal" weapons permit) - though there is an exam that about hunting knowledge, the ecosystem etc.. Also, having a hunting permit cancels the three day waiting period for guns when buying a new one. It allows you to get any kind of hunting rifle.

In the past ten years, 8 members of the police have been killed in the line of duty (out of 23,000 cops). 246 have been severely injured in the past 4 years.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

mongers

That's some large collection he's got there, must be worth a fair amount, some of it stolen ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2013, 01:06:07 PM
Part of the guy's arsenal:

It's always prudent to have a spare when you got on a shooting rampage.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2013, 07:34:25 PM
I like his dump shit on the floor style.

Egads, I hope they don't find one, two or a half-dozen of those shotguns turn out to be property of missing hunters (no not IDEs). 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 07:37:12 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2013, 07:34:25 PM
I like his dump shit on the floor style.

Egads, I hope they don't find one, two or a half-dozen of those shotguns turn out to be property of missing hunters (no not IDEs). 

Maybe they ALL are.  Except maybe his first one.