News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GTA V soon Bitches

Started by 11B4V, September 11, 2013, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

This game is really polished but obviously they can't get rid of every single possible bug, thankfully. The game wouldn't be as fun without some wacky bugs. It's GTA goddamnit.  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 23, 2013, 10:36:47 AM
Presumably their smart phone would let them look up applicable videos. So not as interactive but still I think the same content.

That said in general, I think you are right. Many parents aren't doing a lot of monitoring.

Certainly, but I think those are two separate issues.  There are kinds of things on the internet that children (and adults for that matter) should not be searching out or viewing.  That is an issue of educating our children.

Buying this game for a child is a parent giving their permission to the child to view and enteract with the material.  That is why I, and you, both think that parents are not really aware of what is in this game.

Alcibiades

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 23, 2013, 09:18:33 PM

For whatever reason, the first time I started playing as Michael, his wife gets up on the kitchen counter and stares at the wall  :lol:

Nice selfies  :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 22, 2013, 02:04:29 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 22, 2013, 01:08:18 AM
So is it a buy or what?

Yes, best one I've played of the series.

Trevor is too fucking great.  Grabon won't like him because he's not black.

Until late game, the stats page showed that Trevor was my most used character. :P

[spoiler]That said didn't care much for the whole Patricia bit[/spoiler]

Also, while I found it enjoyable, it seemed...short.  I don't often finish games (particularly in the GTA series) let alone within a week of them coming out while holding down a job & social life. :D

Though maybe part of that was also that unlike in prior GTA iterations, there weren't any missions here that were super frustrating because of the controls.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

I played the first 2 days non-stop and haven't really picked it up since to be honest.  At the part where they took the drug lords wife and got bored, think around 60%.

Not that it isn't great, just motivation to do it lacking at the moment.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Rex Francorum

To rent

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2013, 10:31:41 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on September 22, 2013, 08:11:01 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 22, 2013, 07:59:10 PM
I am a bit surprised that parents are buying this thing for their kids.  I have to think its because the parents dont really know what kind of content is available in the game.

Little kids have their own smartphone now, too! :o

do their smart phones have scripted scenes where the player buys sex from a hooker, watches them have the sex and then kills the hooker?

Teach your children critical thinking skills + compassion, and they will be fine playing this game.

Jaron

Not sure if I want parenting advice from the Philmeister.  :blush:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

So far unimpressed with online version. Made a character and then perpetually get - failed to load an online session. :D

garbon

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

FunkMonk

Luckily I'm a bit too busy with school now to mess around with the online component so I'm not disappointing myself. Hopefully it'll be working well enough in a couple weeks. I'm still not done with the single payer anyway, which is pretty massive in its own right.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 02, 2013, 07:49:02 AM
I'm still not done with the single payer anyway, which is pretty massive in its own right.

Not really. I think it is like ~30-35 hours with main story and most of the strangers/freaks.