News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GTA V soon Bitches

Started by 11B4V, September 11, 2013, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

60gb installation. I need more than a 100mbps connection. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I broke and bought it yesterday evening. Because I apparently have money to burn or something (also, my 48" TV is too far from my couch for gaming  :Embarrass: ). The download took four or five hours - it kept going down to 300KB/s, would then go to 16MB/s, and anywhere in between. With most games I get a constant 15-16MB/s.

Had a quick check this morning, but it seems the benchmarking seems broken at the moment. Still, at max settings on 1080p it looked to run at 50-60 FPS onm my nVidia GTX770 w/ 4GB RAM.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

How far can you be in your small vienna apartment?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

My living room is ca. 5x6m, with TV and couch in opposite corners which is aesthetically the most pleasing, and absolutely fine for TV/movies. There's not really many other options to place things without putting the couch or TV in the middle of the room which sucks. The closest I could get would, from one wall to the other, would be 4.5 meters, but for gaming I find a 2-3m distance the most comfortable (my old apartment's living room was much more cramped).

It's more likely that I may get a bigger TV some time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Yeah, 4.5 is too far for a 48'' TV.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2015, 10:21:54 AM
The download took four or five hours - it kept going down to 300KB/s, would then go to 16MB/s, and anywhere in between. With most games I get a constant 15-16MB/s.

Mine too, although I max out at ~11MB/s. Annoying. <_<
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Tried the game's port yesterday. I've set everything to max settings and have a very smooth experience on my card. I did the intro mission and then took a trip around the island. I've noticed that in the city it can sometimes be a little bit sluggish/laggy, slightly putting you off when trying to take a tight corner at high speed. I'm guessing it's got to do with the game loading in assets, so I may have to reduce some details. Other than that, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

It's gorgeous. I'm running pretty much at what it recommended and it's blazing fast and still very pretty on my (otherwise struggling, might make a computer thread soon :P) video card. Though it does take a couple of minutes to load the save game and has crashed out of the loading process a few times.

I haven't been invited to darts, yet, which I'm very satisfied with.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2015, 05:08:48 AM
Looking at the pre-release coverage, this might be a game that will prove to a mainstream audience that when it comes to quality a currently (upper) medium range PC is better than next gen consoles, and I feel like this might be the last console generation we may see in a long while (possibly longer than the PS3/X360's already very long life span).

It used to be that each console generation had a bit of a leap - from NES/Master System (8bit!) to SNES/Genesis (16bit!) to N64/Dreamcast (3D!) to PS1/Game Cube (CD ROMSs!) to PS2/Xbox (even better graphics!) to PS3/X360/Wii (HD graphics!).

/videogameconsole  nerd
You're harsh with the Gamecube and the Dreamcast, it's the same generation as the PS2 and Xbox.  :P
PS1 is again the same generation as N64 and Saturn (not Dreamcast). But then the Saturn failed dramatically.

I lost interest for GTA with the fourth.

Syt

Never really got into GTA4 myself which took a bit too much of a parody bend for my tastes following the San Andrea/Hot Coffee backlash. GTA5 seems to have found more of a middle ground again and it's possibly the best and most detailed open world yet created.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

I'm loving Trevor's voice actor. Sounds like a crazy Jack Nicholson.

Liep

[spoiler]I had really hoped that choosing Deathwish had actually killed[/spoiler] Franklin. I can't tell if it's because he's a whiny bitch or because he seems to only be able to construct sentences that include nigger or dawg. Not even The Wire can keep up with him.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 15, 2015, 02:25:37 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2015, 05:08:48 AM
Looking at the pre-release coverage, this might be a game that will prove to a mainstream audience that when it comes to quality a currently (upper) medium range PC is better than next gen consoles, and I feel like this might be the last console generation we may see in a long while (possibly longer than the PS3/X360's already very long life span).

It used to be that each console generation had a bit of a leap - from NES/Master System (8bit!) to SNES/Genesis (16bit!) to N64/Dreamcast (3D!) to PS1/Game Cube (CD ROMSs!) to PS2/Xbox (even better graphics!) to PS3/X360/Wii (HD graphics!).

/videogameconsole  nerd
You're harsh with the Gamecube and the Dreamcast, it's the same generation as the PS2 and Xbox.  :P
PS1 is again the same generation as N64 and Saturn (not Dreamcast). But then the Saturn failed dramatically.

I lost interest for GTA with the fourth.

I'd place the N64 and Dreamcast off in different generations between the PSX/Saturn and PS2/Xbox.
They don't really fit in with either side.
██████
██████
██████