World in Flames - Beta

Started by Syt, September 10, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Fuck, I appear to have lost my WitP serial number :weep:
and the horse you rode in on

Tamas

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3412066

There will be actually three manuals included.

QuoteWhen using all the optional rules, the full sequence of play has 60 phases, 85 subphases, 11 sub-subphases, and 7 digressions. Volume 1 of the Players Manual describes who does what in each phase/subphase and how the game transitions between them.

The second volume covers the player interface in detail, with screenshots of all 150+ forms
Each form has accompanying text describing the form's visual elements and how to make decisions using the form
The text from this section of the Players Manual is available during game play as context sensitive help. During a game you don't need to leaf through the Players Manual looking for how to use a form, just click on the Help button to bring up the text from the Players Manual that describes the form 

2nd volume also contains all the optional rules and their explanations and the appendices with all the stuff.

3rd volume is the rulebook, basically.

Tamas

Ed Anger

Hey, 1998 called. They want their interface back.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

It does remind me of Threesixty's High Command: Europe 1939 - 1945.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

katmai

Damn fhdzzzle slamming graphics is harsh indictment if ever seen one.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2013, 10:44:42 PM
Damn fhdzzzle slamming graphics is harsh indictment if ever seen one.

I know, right? They MUST be bad. Because I have a soft spot for shitty interfaces.

Tamas

Tamas

Point is, they got the name of the city of Debrecen right, which is quite a rare feat in wargaming. :P

It is from an other AAR: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3411644&mpage=1&key=

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

The Brain

Yes, a BDSM and bestiality combo should keep me from doing it again.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Larch on September 16, 2013, 07:05:12 AM
Tamas, are you involved in this? I see that the NDA agreement for the beta is with Slytherine...  :ph34r:

Tamas isn't being assigned to that beta.  They have him focusing on beta vulgaris.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

He is sculpting the interface out of mud and beets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive