Most likely historical figure to have been a time traveller

Started by Josquius, September 09, 2013, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Good thing I have silver available to me. Being a total sucker taking it as repayment for a loan.  :homestar:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 07:42:58 PM
Take back a handful of pepper packets.

I'll raid a Burger King.

I HAVE KETCHUP, YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS!

mongers

If time travel is possible, then it's happening 'now' and always has happened. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
If time travel is possible, then it's happening 'now' and always has happened. 

Not necessarily.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 07:49:43 PM
Not necessarily.

The only ways not is if it's scientifically possible but never gets discovered for all of eternity, or if it's scientifically possible but only for relatively short jumps in time.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 07:49:43 PM
Not necessarily.

The only ways not is if it's scientifically possible but never gets discovered for all of eternity, or if it's scientifically possible but only for relatively short jumps in time.

I guess it depends on what now means as well. Time travelers could decide that we were such a bleak and cultural wasteland that they have no interest in visiting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

I just looked up cultural wasteland to get you a proper cite and Canada is a cultural wasteland was the 3rd hit. :D

Razgovory

Again, we are traveling through time right now.  Admittedly we are traveling at the same pace, and in the same direction except for Siege who seems to have reverse the arrow of time and is going backwards.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 07:44:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 07:42:58 PM
Take back a handful of pepper packets.

I'll raid a Burger King.

I HAVE KETCHUP, YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS!

But do you have the "Fancy Ketchup" from McDonald's?

I DIDNT THINK SO

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 08:01:26 PM
I just looked up cultural wasteland to get you a proper cite and Canada is a cultural wasteland was the 3rd hit. :D

You meant "bleak cultural wasteland." Bleak and cultural wasteland means it's both bleak and cultural.  :secret:

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 08:09:55 PM

You meant "bleak cultural wasteland." Bleak and cultural wasteland means it's both bleak and cultural.  :secret:

It's like living in an Eastern European film.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 08:09:55 PM

Okay sure. You won the point that I should not have put in a conjunction. :mellow: