8 Year old girl is raped to death by middle aged man her parents sold her to.

Started by Viking, September 10, 2013, 01:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Viking on September 11, 2013, 02:02:36 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 11, 2013, 02:00:33 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 11, 2013, 01:54:47 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2013, 04:28:32 PM
Viking's insistence that allowing Quebecois Sikhs to wear turbans will lead to a significant increase in the rape and murder of eight year old girls is easily disproven by examining actual facts.

You have a significant case of failure at reading comprehension. The cultural relativism is inside Meri's head and it is premitting a different set of standards to apply to third world shitholeistan to the ones she insist on or herself when it comes to universal human rights.

The standards in "shitholeistan" are not her problem.

Tolerating them for shitholeistan is and only opposing them if they show up at her doorstep just points to moral bankrupcy.

Even if one accepts that, it still doesn't have anything to do with multiculturalism.

merithyn

Quote from: Viking on September 11, 2013, 01:54:47 AM
You have a significant case of failure at reading comprehension. The cultural relativism is inside Meri's head and it is premitting a different set of standards to apply to third world shitholeistan to the ones she insist on or herself when it comes to universal human rights.

The failure at reading comprehension is yours. What I said, in small words, is that so long as none of those people come to Western Nations and demand that we allow them to marry children, none of this has any bearing on multiculturalism.

I can't control what they do in their home nations. No one can, or these things would have been stopped ages ago. But when it comes to what they bring to MY home nation, we can - and we do - prevent it from happening. What we DO allow of their culture, however, are the things that do not harm others nor break our laws. Things like wearing specific clothing or speaking a specific language.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

I think the confusion comes in the word "multiculturalism". It's defined as:

QuoteThe doctrine that several different cultures (rather than one national culture) can coexist peacefully and equitably in a single country

It doesn't say all aspects of that one culture. Just to clarify.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...