News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hey, fellow pedal monkeys

Started by 11B4V, August 24, 2013, 05:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

I need to figure out how to attach a bolt action rifle to a mountain bike. Two requirements for transporting;

1. Transporting to and from a tree stand hunting area. It this aspect, the rifle would be cased.

2. Mid-morning to Mid-afternoon hunting. Cruising the trails. Rifle will not be cased and needs to be accessible.

In both cases above, there is a rear rack on the bike, but that will be used for other cargo.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 05:31:19 PM
Rifle sling!

That was my first though, but there may be some reason he does not want that.
Some kind of quick release rack on the handlebars I guess?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Scipio

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 24, 2013, 05:39:21 PM
Rifle sling!

I think that the Honda ATV handlebar racks fit most mountain bikes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on August 24, 2013, 05:47:44 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on August 24, 2013, 05:39:21 PM
Rifle sling!

I think that the Honda ATV handlebar racks fit most mountain bikes.

Ah, good suggestion.

Admiral Yi

How about a holster on the front spoke?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 05:48:12 PM
Rifle sling!

Nope. too unstable.

If it was good enough for everybody from for General Pershing's boys in Mexico to Finns on skis, it should be good enough for you.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 05:48:12 PM
Rifle sling!

Nope. too unstable.

If it was good enough for everybody from for General Pershing's boys in Mexico to Finns on skis, it should be good enough for you.
Welcome to the 21st century, Black Jack.  :P

CountDeMoney

:mad:  BARs are still effective squad support weapons.  :mad:

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 05:24:57 PM
I need to figure out how to attach a bolt action rifle to a mountain bike. Two requirements for transporting;

1. Transporting to and from a tree stand hunting area. It this aspect, the rifle would be cased.

2. Mid-morning to Mid-afternoon hunting. Cruising the trails. Rifle will not be cased and needs to be accessible.

In both cases above, there is a rear rack on the bike, but that will be used for other cargo.

This is a bad idea, either the bike will shake the shit out of the rifle or you'll have an accident and the rifle barrel will end up rammed into some part of your anatomy.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2013, 09:14:17 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 05:24:57 PM

This is a bag idea, either the bike will shake the shit out of the rifle or you'll have an accident and the rifle barrel will end up rammed into some part of your anatomy.   :cool:

It's not like I'll be doing anything near extreme biking.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2013, 11:16:28 PM
It's not like I'll be doing anything near extreme biking.

Not at your age, no.

Then again, you'd be better at it than Timmay or Ed, who would just pedal in a circle, lulz.