4 (23.5%)
2 (11.8%)
1 (5.9%)
2 (11.8%)
4 (23.5%)
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Zanza

The poll choices are the candidates that I can directly elect in my constituency.

Here is how it works: http://www.dw.de/how-do-germans-elect-their-parliament/a-17018116

As far as the election in general is concerned, it's pretty boring. Not much happening, no hotly debated issues, big parties agree on most things. Merkel will almost certainly win, it's just a question who'll be her coalition partner.

DGuller

Are you still living in Germany?  None of these people look German, except maybe the very last one.

MadImmortalMan

Is short hair a requirement for female politicians in Germany or something?

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Guy #4 looks like a 1970s British man.

So I say vote for him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 21, 2013, 01:13:42 PM

Something recently came up about this, actually. Apparently, the average age for women to cut their hair shorter is at 46. So, it makes sense, really. Most of the women who are known in politics are older than that. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on August 21, 2013, 01:34:41 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 21, 2013, 01:13:42 PM

Something recently came up about this, actually. Apparently, the average age for women to cut their hair shorter is at 46. So, it makes sense, really. Most of the women who are known in politics are older than that. :)
Just because you're older than the average age for short hair doesn't mean that you'll have short hair. :contract:

KRonn

Quote from: Zanza on August 21, 2013, 12:30:11 PM
The poll choices are the candidates that I can directly elect in my constituency.

Here is how it works: http://www.dw.de/how-do-germans-elect-their-parliament/a-17018116

As far as the election in general is concerned, it's pretty boring. Not much happening, no hotly debated issues, big parties agree on most things. Merkel will almost certainly win, it's just a question who'll be her coalition partner.
Interesting summary on Germany's voting in that link. I sometimes would favor a Parliamentary system for the US but that would seem to not work well with our State/Federal system. But I'd like to see more parties, more variety, less domination by either of the two main parties.

Admiral Yi

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2013, 01:43:31 PM
Just because you're older than the average age for short hair doesn't mean that you'll have short hair. :contract:

:mellow:

I understand what average means. I didn't say that they would. I said that it could explain why these women have short hair.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 21, 2013, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2013, 01:43:31 PM

:mellow:

I understand what average means. I didn't say that they would. I said that it could explain why these women have short hair.

Meri!  We are supposed to be passing judgement on these people based on their appearance.  Stop ruining it with facts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Definitely number 4. Some fantastic retro style there.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I voted for beardo.  He looks unprofessional so that works.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

I voted for the lady with the Ziggy Stardust do. I wonder if she plays guitar?