News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[MP] Europa Universalis IV: Jaron Arising

Started by Fireblade, August 14, 2013, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2013, 01:35:33 PM
Oh, and I am willing to take a Russian power if needed.

Really? I figured you'd take one of your "people." Sibir Khanate or something. :rolleyes:

Okay, so we're playing at noon eastern tomorrow, which I guess is 5pm GMT. I don't know, you fuckers can convert it into whatever barbarian timezone you use. I haven't tried doing MP yet, but from what I understand we can make a public server so we'll see what happens. Server opens about 15 minutes before start time, begins a few minutes later, and whatever happens, happens.

katmai

Good luck. I can't force myself to be up for game at 8am on a Sunday.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fireblade

So I just tested MP by hotjoining a game in progress. Aside from fighting the most fucking ridiculous coalition of all time (and winning), another player OOSing 15 minutes later, and the CTD 30 minutes in, it worked pretty well.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: katmai on August 17, 2013, 09:02:00 PM
Good luck. I can't force myself to be up for game at 8am on a Sunday.

I'd be around but I think I'm going to the beach and then on vacation the next week and then labor day!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on August 17, 2013, 09:24:48 PM
So I just tested MP by hotjoining a game in progress. Aside from fighting the most fucking ridiculous coalition of all time (and winning), another player OOSing 15 minutes later, and the CTD 30 minutes in, it worked pretty well.  :hmm:

:lol:

Also, how does that two player one nation work?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Yeah let's start today, it's not like  we need an England or Spain/Muscovy.  :rolleyes:

But seriously today is not good for sure, not before 1PM Eastern

Fireblade

Okay I tried MP again and 2 players OOSed within 5 minutes. Including me.  :D

Game delayed until a patch comes out.

Shade

I would be good with anything but austria HRE gives me a headache   :Embarrass: I would prefer Otto Or maybe even Russia

sbr

HRE is a fucking disaster.  I played 2 games as Austria, both for ~100 years, and if I wanted to fulfill my obligations I would have been at war non-stop.

DGuller

Quote from: sbr on August 19, 2013, 12:53:01 AM
HRE is a fucking disaster.  I played 2 games as Austria, both for ~100 years, and if I wanted to fulfill my obligations I would have been at war non-stop.
Yeah.  There aren't many calls due to external invasions, but plenty of "Principality A annexed Principality B" casus bellis.  They get annexed faster than you can get them released.  In EU3, expanding your nation by force from within the empire was a very slow and pain-staking process.  Now you have to blob, or you get to be a part of someone else's blob.  The HRE mechanic does not serve the main purpose of real life HRE:  keeping Germany an utter clusterfuck.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2013, 01:01:11 AM
Quote from: sbr on August 19, 2013, 12:53:01 AM
Yeah.  There aren't many calls due to external invasions, but plenty of "Principality A annexed Principality B" casus bellis.  They get annexed faster than you can get them released.  In EU3, expanding your nation by force from within the empire was a very slow and pain-staking process.  Now you have to blob, or you get to be a part of someone else's blob.  The HRE mechanic does not serve the main purpose of real life HRE:  keeping Germany an utter clusterfuck.

It's to easy to get a CB and the fucking OPMs watche each other's MP like hawks striking simply because they are weak. Vicious little bastards.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.