News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Messiah too good a name for baby

Started by katmai, August 11, 2013, 08:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on August 12, 2013, 08:22:37 AM
From a babynames website, synonyms to Messiah include

Anjita, Carsten, Chandnin, Chrys, Crysta, Karsten, Khristos, Krist, Kristian, Kristin, Kristr, Krystan and Samoel.

There are lots of Karstens, Kristians and Kristins around here.

Lots of Brians too.

Josquius

So...is the judge opposing it on jesussy lines or are they just being nice to the kid and saving him from rabid cross
worshippers?

:nelson: anyway. Going to the judge on an unrelated matter and getting this idiocy put right.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 12, 2013, 10:32:03 AM

Anjita, Carsten, Chandnin, Chrys, Crysta, Karsten, Khristos, Krist, Kristian, Kristin, Kristr, Krystan and Samoel.

Lots of Brians too.

You find Brians in Denmark, not Norway.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Some people dont watch enough Monty Python.  But I see Brazen was there before me. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 12, 2013, 10:45:59 AM
Some people dont watch enough Monty Python.

Some people jump to conclusions.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I wonder if this is a real judge or one of those fake elected 'judge' positions we're fond of in the South. :hmm:

Since the judge is named 'Lu Ann' I would tend to lean toward the latter. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

She's a magistrate.  They are appointed by juvenile court judges.  The only requirements is that they must be "suitable" (not defined) and be a member of the TN bar.  These may be part time positions and the magistrates (and even the juvenile judges) can carry on their own private law practices.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

A guy I know once had a complaint/observation about all the Hispanic guys named "Jesus."

His name was Josh.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2013, 04:06:05 PM
A guy I know once had a complaint/observation about all the Hispanic guys named "Jesus."

His name was Josh.

:frusty:

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Hello. My name is Hunter Montoya. You ate my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Prepare to die.