News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warhammer 40K minis

Started by Scipio, March 14, 2009, 05:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

So I'm thinking of running a two land raider Salamanders army, with either 11 or 13 assault terminators and Vulkan He'stan.  It's almost too much for an 1850 list, but my friends and I are all going to The Big Waagh! in Memphrica.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Delirium

That takes care of most assault-oriented armies, especially those with poor anti-tank capability.

But how many troop choices can you squeeze into that list? Vulkan could be one of those characters that makes termies count as troops, but I doubt it, although I'm not 100% updated on the new SM codex...
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Scipio

Quote from: Delirium on March 14, 2009, 05:50:14 AM
That takes care of most assault-oriented armies, especially those with poor anti-tank capability.

But how many troop choices can you squeeze into that list? Vulkan could be one of those characters that makes termies count as troops, but I doubt it, although I'm not 100% updated on the new SM codex...

With that list, I can field three tac squads with rhinos comfortably.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Delirium

...which divides neatly into 6 combat squads as 6 scoring units. I hate Space Marines.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Scipio

Quote from: Delirium on March 14, 2009, 06:00:04 AM
...which divides neatly into 6 combat squads as 6 scoring units. I hate Space Marines.

But who needs that many scoring units?  I'd combat squad two of the tac squads, so I can have 2 close combat squads with flamers, and two with lascannons or plasma cannons.  Then the ten man squad with a melta gun.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Galrion

Land raider redeemers?

I was thinking of running a similar army, only with drop pods.

Scipio

Quote from: Galrion on March 14, 2009, 08:08:29 AM
Land raider redeemers?

One regular land raider, and one either crusader or redeemer.  Just magnetize the pods and guns.  :D
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Galrion

Quote from: Scipio on March 14, 2009, 08:18:53 AM
Quote from: Galrion on March 14, 2009, 08:08:29 AM
Land raider redeemers?

One regular land raider, and one either crusader or redeemer.  Just magnetize the pods and guns.  :D

I'm too lazy :-\