News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Google maps issue

Started by garbon, July 27, 2013, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Is google maps getting worse? I'm having more and more times lately where google maps takes me to bizarre locations if I search for intersections.  Typing in an intersection near me the other day, I got sent to the brooklyn one even though I'd entered new york (and also tried nyc) after it.  Only if I wrote in manhattan would it take me to intersection I was looking for.

Then today I was looking up east 4th and broadway and it first took me to that intersection in Bayonne, NJ. Fiddling around then it would either take me to bowery and east 4th or east 4th and avenue B.

What gives? Am I just unable to use mapping sites? -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

I thought MiM or someone was venting over GM the other day in off topic or somewhere.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quick search showed Toni complaining but his complaints were about the new interface and not that it wouldn't take him to the places he wanted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

I have some issues with it. The interface is also suck.
PDH!

Tonitrus

I have found, at least, you can retrograde back to the classic view.