News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

High Speed train crash in Spain

Started by citizen k, July 24, 2013, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on July 25, 2013, 01:59:29 PM
Driver is taken into custody, apparently he was a dick.

If you say that because of the "I'm doing 200 km/h, weeeee" Facebook thing, that was not from this trip, but one last year.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on July 25, 2013, 02:09:48 PM
Quote from: Maximus on July 25, 2013, 02:02:15 PM
Is that a crime in Spain?

It should be in every country. :P

Then we really will have killed Languish. :(

Well except for maybe in frou frou Scandinavian prisons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 02:18:06 PM

I don't get the reference. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Iormlund

Apparently the cruising speed before that bend is around 220 km/h and this train doesn't have automatic speed control (unlike high-speed AVE). So it probably was just a human error, the driver getting distracted and forgetting to slow down.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on July 25, 2013, 02:12:59 PM

If you say that because of the "I'm doing 200 km/h, weeeee" Facebook thing, that was not from this trip, but one last year.

I really have no opinion of the man yet, but the newspaper article I read before posting did. :P

How are you handling it down there, btw?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on July 25, 2013, 02:24:27 PM

I don't get the reference. :(

Didn't we have that article here about some sort of Scandinavian prison where prisoners had all of these privileges (though it actually seemed more like a halfway house). I was suggesting that might be the only place where Languish dicks would be allowed online. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Ah yes, I think that was from Norway. And I'm sure prisoners are allowed internet time here too, even if the allotted time only permits limited dickery.

Ideologue

EUROFASCISM.

To be fair, though, in Denmark, I'd be a much nicer person.  Place is like Canada Plus.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2013, 02:48:02 PM

EUROFASCISM.

To be fair, though, in Denmark, I'd be a much nicer person.  Place is like Canada Plus.

I don't think I'd be nicer in either place.  I'd probably be nicer if I lived in San Diego.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on July 25, 2013, 02:28:40 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 25, 2013, 02:12:59 PM

I really have no opinion of the man yet, but the newspaper article I read before posting did. :P

How are you handling it down there, btw?

I think that everybody is still quite shellshocked, it was all so random. The bodycount is atrocious, nothing like that has ever happened over here, at least in living memory. The only thing that comes to mind is the 11-M Madrid train bombings. Plenty of heartwarming stories about common people generosity amongst the carnage, though.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

QuoteAlaez set the following conditions of release: Garzon must check in regularly with the court, surrender his passport and not drive trains.

I guess not.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2013, 07:12:11 AM
QuoteAlaez set the following conditions of release: Garzon must check in regularly with the court, surrender his passport and not drive trains.

I guess not.

Whoa.  More severe than I expected. :o
Kinemalogue