If you could produce a big budget HBO series, what would it be about?

Started by jimmy olsen, July 12, 2013, 10:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sophie Scholl

The Revolutionary War era in New York Colony/State between Fort Niagara and Albany.  Incredible potential there.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Savonarola

I'd call it Versailles.  It would be about the French Nobility and cover the period between the Fronde and the beheading of Louis XVI.  There'd be sex, bloodshed and Jean de la Fontaine.  It can't lose.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2013, 01:10:25 PM
Sex on tv is so passé.

It's best that we turn now to other taboos, like characters going to the bathroom.
and the horse you rode in on

Malthus

Sex on tv is so passé.

Plus, those flatscreens make it very difficult unless you are a contortionist.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: fhdz on July 19, 2013, 01:14:47 PM
Sex on tv is so passé.

It's best that we turn now to other taboos, like characters going to the bathroom.

MTV TRUE LIFE: I'm addicted to colonoscopies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Hansmeister

1. First Man in Rome
2. I, Claudius
3. A series covering Greece from the Persian wars until the destruction of Sparta
4. A series covering the creation of the United States from the French and Indian War until the end of Washington's Presidency
5. Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller chronicle
6. Old Man's War series
7. A series based on the RPG 'Rifts' by Palladium
8. Starship Trooper (based on the book, not the movie)
9. Garth Innis comic book 'the boys'
10. France 1789-1815

That should be enough ideas for starters

Ed Anger

Triple X version of Messallina's competition. With Jessica alba as Messallina.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2013, 06:31:08 PM
Triple X version of Messallina's competition. With Jessica alba as Messallina.

Cuntmander-in-Chief.

That would be a hit on Lifetime For Women channel, right on par with The Client List.

Josquius

I'm waiting for Cornwell's viking series to get the Sharpe treatment  :bowler:

Or Robinson's Mars Trilogy.
██████
██████
██████