News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Some fucker has been trying to use the server as a relay for spam. <_<  Looks like they were using one of the Wordpress installs I had up on a placeholder site.  I've disabled everything on the server except for Languish and my personal site.

There might be a few more instances where the disk partition where the logs live fills up again, in which case there will be a temporary disruption again.

jimmy olsen

Site died on me couple of times today.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Hami has just told me over at P'dox that his account here seems to have been deleted. I searched in the members list and couldn't find him. Has there been any shenanigans going on lately?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Could we get bigger attachments for posts?
At the moment they're rather tiny, can't even attach a phone photo.
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: The Larch on February 26, 2016, 09:10:46 PM
Hami has just told me over at P'dox that his account here seems to have been deleted. I searched in the members list and couldn't find him. Has there been any shenanigans going on lately?

Crap.  I'll check the database.

I did recently purge a shitload of inactive accounts.  It was only supposed to be accounts that were not activated or never logged in.

If I dropped him by mistake I should be able to fix it.

The Larch

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 29, 2016, 05:30:54 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 26, 2016, 09:10:46 PM

Crap.  I'll check the database.

I did recently purge a shitload of inactive accounts.  It was only supposed to be accounts that were not activated or never logged in.

If I dropped him by mistake I should be able to fix it.

K, let me know what you find out. :)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

So I'm not sure what I did, but his account was not in my recent backup.  I recreated it (password "temp").  I'm trying to manually fix the post history.

Berkut

I got a message on FB from Zoupa saying he was locked out of Languish, and he suspects that the board has a wrong email address for him. Oh Great Admin, how can we fix this?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Activated him.  If he still can't get in I will reset his password was well.

Admiral Yi

Aaaand he's back. :punk:

If y'all don't have a way of contacting a Languishite outside of Languish, I would suggest arranging one right now, in case you ever get locked out like I did and need to get word to someone.

Hamilcar

Is there still a TBR? Why can't I see it?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So today I got a I am not a robot check for accessing languish :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?