Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 27, 2015, 03:18:10 PM
That would never happen. I avoid walking anywhere.
:yes:  Plus I live somewhere with no other options than driving. :smoke:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I just put Languish behind CloudFlare.  There may be a minor DNS interruption today, since CloudFlare takes over the DNS.

While some may see slight performance improvements from CloudFlare caching, the two big improvements are security-related.  First, the site will have an actual SSL certificate, meaning you can browse using https.

Second, they have active attacker/spammer management.  Once everything is fully percolated (about 24 hours from now) I'm going to re-open registrations and see how well CloudFlare can detect the scam registrations.  They have a database of known or suspected troublemakers, and odds are the vast majority of those dipshits are in it.

The Larch

Are registrations still closed? There's a guy at P'dox interested in joining but he tells me that he can't register.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Yeah.  I'm waiting until this afternoon (CDT) to re-open since it takes up to 24 hours for DNS changes to propagate.  I'm going to give it three more hours.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Registration is open again.  Let's see how this goes for a few days.

The Larch

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 17, 2015, 02:30:41 PM
Registration is open again.  Let's see how this goes for a few days.

Cool, I already told the guy. His handle is "Victor1234", so you can look out for him when he does register.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Moldy, no clue what you meant in the other admin thread.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2015, 01:32:23 PM
Moldy, no clue what you meant in the other admin thread.

If you have ever done something like this during our past DNS troubles, you need to undo it.  If you aren't sure, follow the directions to open your hosts file and delete any lines for languish.org that you find in there.

lustindarkness

When we have DNS problems, I am more productive in real life.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom