News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Does anyone else have an issue where threads where catching up on one thread marks the next thread in line as read as well?  I keep opening old threads and finding that I've never read the last few posts before the "first new post" point, most likely because of this.

The Brain

I have experienced some weirdness about that stuff, but don't know the exact details.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

See three posts above yours, DG. That's been happening to me for a month or so.

Edit:  just tested it again and the effect seems to be gone.  Problem solved, or problem just intermittent?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on January 25, 2021, 10:16:11 AM
See three posts above yours, DG. That's been happening to me for a month or so.
Ironically I didn't see it because of this bug.  :lol:

DGuller

It's back.  I guess it just comes and goes for some reason.  Unlike our dear leader, who never comes.  :(

Habbaku

Is changing avatars just impossible now? Basically nothing I do works, either as uploading a picture or using a URL.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Hey, Bogh changed his email address on his account but not getting a confirmation email so now stuck, could somebody help him out please?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

So I took my avatar off after France disgraced itself against the Nazi gold hoarders but now Languish is very uncooperative with me putting a new one up. Are there some kinds of requirements for the size/type of image I can use? I don't recall languish being finicky at all about this in the past, everything worked fine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I think it may not re-size automatically, so you need to resize it to be within 110x150 limits.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Been getting 501s today
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Has there been a font change to the main index page?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Just got this

Error 520 Ray ID: 689c74a42c890e72 • 2021-09-05 03:43:50 UTC
Web server is returning an unknown error
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Is there anything that can be done about these hundreds of guests creepily stalking the forum all the time?