And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

And we're back, thanks Vm. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Sorry about that.  Apparently, the VM I originally provisioned didn't have enough memory.  I have set up a VM with more now.  Jopefully this will be enough.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Three cheers for the Baron! :cheers:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Not sure what happened with the database.  I like that I can run repair scripts through the web control panel on Azure, though. :)

The Larch

I'm getting some display glitches, like a small picture of what appears to be some blonde girl's selfie appearing as the symbol for a forum with an unread message. Am I the only one?

Admiral Yi

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Odd.  I'll see what I can figure out.

The Larch

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 07, 2018, 05:40:57 PM

To add more info, I've checked that it only happens when I use my home computer. Neither at work or on my phone does that picture appear.

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on September 08, 2018, 04:21:37 AM

To add more info, I've checked that it only happens when I use my home computer. Neither at work or on my phone does that picture appear.

Have you checked that the photo isn't in the root or other significant directory on your home computer?  :unsure:

Only saying this as a similarly odd photo, someone holding records was showing up when I played podcasts when using a media player on the home pc. Turned out it was only photo in the C:\ root and by default the player searched there for something to show.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on September 08, 2018, 06:58:58 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 08, 2018, 04:21:37 AM

Have you checked that the photo isn't in the root or other significant directory on your home computer?  :unsure:

Only saying this as a similarly odd photo, someone holding records was showing up when I played podcasts when using a media player on the home pc. Turned out it was only photo in the C:\ root and by default the player searched there for something to show.

Nope, it's not a picture I recognize at all and the root of the file is at the domain (http://languish.org/forums/Themes/default/images/on.png, to be precise). Right now it appears to be broken.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Microsoft needs to improve their handover from free trial to paid subscription. <_<

jimmy olsen

Just went down for a second.

But up again after refreshing. A hrabinger for more issues?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point