News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I have to say that the Russian bots are starting to become more of a nuisance than La Croix.

Jacob

Yeah it's pretty fucking annoying alright. Would be good if we had something other than"mods delete it" as a line of defence.

Both the introduction board and the "mods approve first post" type deal could work from my perspective.

CountDeMoney

Why are you even bothering to edit them?  What are you, the Sustainability Mod?  Just fucking delete.  Goddamn.  Fucking Canadians.

Ed Anger

This forum needs to undergo a reign of fire and blood.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Isn't it possible to include a captcha or something like that to the registration process?

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2017, 10:25:17 PM
Why are you even bothering to edit them?  What are you, the Sustainability Mod?  Just fucking delete.  Goddamn.  Fucking Canadians.

I'm editing them to support your "let the people see how much goddamn spam we are getting" initiative, you ornery misanthrope.

CountDeMoney

I'm just sending them straight to the Deleted Threads folder so we can track them that way, and elitists like BB won't get all upsetty-triggerpooh when they see threads they don't like.

And that's Mister Anthrope. :mad:

Jacob

I was hitting "remove topic" which I think obliterates them entirely... I guess I'll move them to deleted threads instead, Mister Antelope.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 14, 2017, 08:37:25 PM
I have to say that the Russian bots are starting to become more of a nuisance than La Croix.

I thought that somehow your very thoughts were being broadcast on to the forum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on March 15, 2017, 01:32:27 PM
I was hitting "remove topic" which I think obliterates them entirely... I guess I'll move them to deleted threads instead, Mister Antelope.

Leaving redirects to the Deleted Threads folder sorta defeats the purpose of moving them there SO WE DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING SEE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Goddamn.  Polite to the point of pathology.  Fuck.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2017, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 15, 2017, 01:32:27 PM

Leaving redirects to the Deleted Threads folder sorta defeats the purpose of moving them there SO WE DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING SEE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Goddamn.  Polite to the point of pathology.  Fuck.

I didn't expect you to defer to BB's passive aggressive posturing like that. But have it your way :hug:

alfred russel

Can you guys move them to a place we can still see them? I know they can get annoying, but they have great information on how to purchase discount pharmaceuticals.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on March 16, 2017, 04:48:30 PM
I didn't expect you to defer to BB's passive aggressive posturing like that. But have it your way :hug:

You're killing me, Xiacob.  Be less Tony, more Karl.

And that's enough out of you too, cossack.  For all we know, you're in on some rubles-for-clicks scheme with the botskis.

CountDeMoney

I know BvM is relocating from Texas to his super-duper new life in New Yawk and shit, but has anybody attempted to reach him?  Hasn't logged on since February 26. Anybody do FaceSpace or send him a twit or something?  Would really love to close the door on these Russian bots.  Neil's the only other Admin and apparently follows the seasonal calendar when it comes to posting, and AnchorSnowden, don't even know what the fuck is up with him anymore.

Admiral Yi

Can you and Hose and Yakie delete threads?

Nobody here is stupid enough to try and buy cheap boner pills through them.  Not the end of the world if they just keep popping up like dandruff flakes.