News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Is it just me or do we have a little leaf icon now when looking at tab header in browser?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

There used to be a hidden board called the backroom. Can't see it any more. What gives?

Admiral Yi

Maybe Jacob doesn't like you anymore.  :lol:

Arvoreen

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 25, 2016, 09:46:09 AM
Indeed.  I am using a self-signed certificate.  At some point I will finally buy a real one. :P

Go to https://letsencrypt.org/ and get a free one.  It's good for 90 days at a time, but there are some simple tools that can automate renewal too.  One of the better options is with https://certbot.eff.org/

viper37

can't we do something about the increase on spam?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2016, 11:41:51 AM
can't we do something about the increase on spam?
Yeah, it's getting ridiculous.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Somebody's got to lock the new account feature.  Berkut's friends have joined, so there's no reason to keep it on.

Barrister

Because heaven forbid we try to recruit new posters.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2016, 12:39:53 PM

I think that's fine but yeah we do need something to cut down on the spam. Our mods don't like having to play a moderator role. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2016, 12:39:53 PM

Yeah, right.  Saying we're trying to recruit new posters is like saying we need new gang members in the prison yard.  This place is a fucking war crimes rape camp with smilies.

Barrister

Okay then, I hereby volunteer to become a mod (again) in order to clean up spam threads. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Oh I don't know, these new guys are adding a certain something extra to the forum.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2016, 07:55:08 AM
Somebody's got to lock the new account feature.  Berkut's friends have joined, so there's no reason to keep it on.
We could use a referral system.  If one of our friends want to join, we give him/her the passphrase to be entered when signing up.  Otherwise, the application is rejected.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on December 15, 2016, 03:38:47 PM
We could use a referral system.  If one of our friends want to join, we give him/her the passphrase to be entered when signing up.  Otherwise, the application is rejected.

Might I suggest 'Toxic Personality'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 15, 2016, 03:38:47 PM

Why? What if some rando decides to join?

Also, I don't really have friends that I would want to introduce to...this.