And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 30, 2016, 10:42:28 PM
Did you pass?

Clearly he has proven that he's a robot like the rest of us.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

FYI, I will be moving in five weeks.  Prior to this, I will be transferring Languish to new hosting arrangements.  I will try to minimize the disruption as much as possible, but there will be a slight delay in DNS propagation as usual.  I will, of course, post prior warning of any switch.

Barrister

Good luck on the move!

By the way I've always wanted to ask - is there any possibility you'd switch board software to something that had a mobile-friendly interface?  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Thanks. :)

I would, but I need to do some research on what is available and how big a pain in the ass it would be to convert the existing data.  Plus, you remember how much bitching I got last time I changed the look and feel of the board... :P

Discourse is a platform I have been keeping an eye on since Jeff Atwood and company released it a couple years ago.  I haven't played with it yet, but I think it would work for us (with appropriate customization).

Barrister

I was more wondering that it looks like there are some simple machine mods that give it a mobile view...

Just a thought. :)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Oh, I can certainly look at those.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2016, 01:49:10 PM
Good luck on the move!

By the way I've always wanted to ask - is there any possibility you'd switch board software to something that had a mobile-friendly interface?  :)

Languish has a very mobile-friendly interface; hit the wap2 link.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?wap2

Barrister

Okay then - is there a way languish can sense when i'm on my phone and automatically use that interface?

Liep

Quote from: ulmont on September 21, 2016, 02:29:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2016, 01:49:10 PM
Good luck on the move!

Languish has a very mobile-friendly interface; hit the wap2 link.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?wap2

This was maybe useful when the data cap was 10mb, but a mobile friendly webpage needs finger friendly navigation. Too often my thumb hits something besides the "new" link. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Chugging a little for me today.  Are you already under the hood Moldy?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

No, haven't touched anything yet.  Probably going to do it this weekend.

mongers

Apparently the upload folder is full or nearly so, is that something I need to look into, do I have a certain amount of allocated space, thanks?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Do PMs not work, or am I doing something wrong?

(or am I just so crappy that people ignore me?  :( )

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 16, 2016, 05:22:32 AM

If you have pop-up blockers, you will miss responses if you're not looking for them.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 16, 2016, 05:22:32 AM

i was ignoring you!  ;)

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son