News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Registration was disabled again, and a bevy of spambots banned.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Maybe it's time for new forum software that has captcha or whatchamacallit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 20, 2015, 03:56:50 PM
The majority of the malicious hits are from US or unknown IP addresses, though, so who knows who is ultimately behind those.

:blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

At work I keep getting privacy alerts for this website in Chrome, because the security certificate and URL don't match. It works fine at home.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Maybe the Baron started to work on the SSL connection?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Nevermind, I still had the old Languish entry in the Windows hosts file (yay for having admin user rights at work).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Just got this for the 3rd time in ten minutes

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It was just down for a good 10-15 minutes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

This rather annoying error pops up. Claims languish is a fraud and that the real languish is being held captive in a basement somewhere. Or something.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'll check that.  I had toyed with activating a Cloudflare SSL certificate, which would have secured the connection between you and Cloudflare's datacenter.  I had issues with it, though, and thought I turned it off for this domain.

The Cloudflare cert might give you that error, because it is in Cloudflare's name.

Liep

It's only in Microsoft Edge

celedhring

The site is asking me to fill a CAPTCHA every time I refresh, if there's been some time since my last activity. I suppose there's something wrong on my end?

EDIT: It's happened to me on another site besides Languish so definitely something on my end.

Liep

mongers

Good work there Vm, thanks for keeping the old chinwag palace rocking. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.