What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It won't help that the Trumpier politicians are by definition crooks.
But checking up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

Seeing a fair few dems including some jail time.

Seems a useful response to those they're only getting him because he's a republican bits. But of course it'll be in one ear and out the other as they grasp for more excuses.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

There is a sitting US Senator who is a Democrat being charged with all sorts of crimes and being pressured to resign by his own party.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on Today at 08:21:17 AMThere is a sitting US Senator who is a Democrat being charged with all sorts of crimes and being pressured to resign by his own party.
At least, they are asking him to resign.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

My uncle, also Canadian, is the same. He's a Fox news guy and feels this is nothing but a political vendetta against Trump.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on Today at 08:21:17 AMThere is a sitting US Senator who is a Democrat being charged with all sorts of crimes and being pressured to resign by his own party.

Wish he was already gone.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Came across this on Twitter I thought I'd post it for OvB's benefit:

https://x.com/i/status/1797238887137591702

QuoteKhabib: I know you will stop the war in Palestine.

Donald Trump: We will stop it. I will stop the war.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2024, 11:49:09 PMThis is a fairly recent phenomenon (the whole Trump thing) so while I usually try to change topics, today I'm like "well here's the case - what exactly was false about it"?  So he couldn't deny any of the facts, but ultimately it was "well if he wasn't a Republican he wouldn't have been charged in the first place".

At the SAME TIME as Trump was being tried, Senator Menendez was (and still is) being tried across the street in the federal courthouse.

But I waste my breath.  This attitude isn't and never has been about the facts.

Sorry see Habs already said the same thing.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson