Orson Scott Card, Anti-Gay Author, Responds To 'Ender's Game' Boycott Campaign

Started by garbon, July 09, 2013, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 12, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on July 11, 2013, 11:17:02 PM
It's directed at Christians, but only because the author of the website is ignorant on this issue (as are many Christians).  The New Testament expressly absolves Christians from all of these dietary laws, thus they aren't relevant to Christians.

Not only that but the absolution was only required for converts from Judaism - gentile Christians were never subject to those rules in the first place.  The only rules in the Torah for gentiles are not to eat the flesh of still living animal and not to commit murder.

I abide by Jewish law.

Razgovory

A "national police force" of "young out-of-work urban men"?  Holy shit, a Black FBI.  Now that's enough to put the fear of God in the average Conservative.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2013, 01:44:25 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 12, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on July 11, 2013, 11:17:02 PM
It's directed at Christians, but only because the author of the website is ignorant on this issue (as are many Christians).  The New Testament expressly absolves Christians from all of these dietary laws, thus they aren't relevant to Christians.

Not only that but the absolution was only required for converts from Judaism - gentile Christians were never subject to those rules in the first place.  The only rules in the Torah for gentiles are not to eat the flesh of still living animal and not to commit murder.

I abide by Jewish law.

I find it too restrictive.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2013, 03:07:58 PM
A "national police force" of "young out-of-work urban men"?  Holy shit, a Black FBI.  Now that's enough to put the fear of God in the average Conservative.

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.