Breaking News - Airliner On Fire At San Francisco Airport.

Started by mongers, July 06, 2013, 02:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Haven't seen this on any of the big news agencies yet, but report on the web say a Korean Airlines Boeing 777 is on fire at the airport, no indication that it crashed, caught fire and whether accident or hostile act. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Possible video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1as7d7X2UQ&feature=youtu.be

In the last few minutes AP are reporting this:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 7m

BREAKING: FAA says Asiana Airlines flight crashes while landing at San Francisco airport; injuries unknown. - MM

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Darth Wagtaros

That the Canadian equivalent of the Springfield Tire FIre?
PDH!

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

and that has a lot to do with the airliner in SF.

Here let me "Garbonize" his post.  :rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

It didn't cartwheel down the runway.  The wings are still attached, and it isn't just a bunch of pieces all over the place.  Stefanie Turner sucks as a witness.

From the pictures and info, it looks and sounds like they landed short and tore off the landing gear, then the tail hit, etc. 

E:  There's some sort of wall at the end of the runways in SFO?

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on July 06, 2013, 04:43:54 PM
and that has a lot to do with the airliner in SF.

Here let me "Garbonize" his post.  :rolleyes:

I'm now a verb?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

They hit the seawall that seems to be at the very end of the runway and dragged the ass end of the plane until the tail came off.

mongers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: mongers on July 06, 2013, 05:41:36 PM
Hopefully a fair few survived.

Sounds like all but two of them survived.   Or maybe all of them.  I'm seeing both.