Ziggy Stardust
2 (6.5%)
Other
5 (16.1%)
Jaron Covers the Soundtrack from Labyrinth
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

merithyn

Anyway, I went with Fame. His performance on Soul Train for that song still makes me smile when I think of it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Savonarola

"Panic in Detroit," of course.  ;)

"Station to Station" is, in my opinion, his best work (though the album as a whole isn't one of his better ones.  It's obvious that the drugs were *really* starting to take over at that point.)  Of the ones on the list I'd pick "Heroes."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

PDH

For me it would be "Alladin Sane."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 05, 2013, 06:45:32 AM
How very odd.  This isn't like you at all.

It's totally like me.  I'm all about making the newbies feel welcome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 06:14:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
Well to be accepted you must kill one of our number.  I suggest Yi since he called you out.  Also he's probably smaller then the rest of us.
IIRC Yi is not small at all.

Most of you are midgets

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 06:14:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
Well to be accepted you must kill one of our number.  I suggest Yi since he called you out.  Also he's probably smaller then the rest of us.
IIRC Yi is not small at all.

Okay, Cal instead.  He should be easy to spot.  He likes to dress up as a Roman soldier..
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

It's been years since I've had the time to do that. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 03:32:47 PM
It's been years since I've had the time to do that. :(

There's always time to make sexy time special.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2013, 07:46:50 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2013, 07:20:43 PM
Then Five Years

I definitely do not see the appeal of that one.

No?  I like it.  It's apocalyptic.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

Other: All the Young Dudes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on July 05, 2013, 09:39:17 PM

Bowie gets credit for writing it, but Mott the Hoople made it famous. Bowie essentially covered it after that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 05, 2013, 08:01:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2013, 07:46:50 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2013, 07:20:43 PM
Then Five Years

I definitely do not see the appeal of that one.

No?  I like it.  It's apocalyptic.

It's incredibly dull.

Oh! You Pretty Things is both apocalyptic and fun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on July 05, 2013, 10:17:18 PM

Bowie gets credit for writing it, but Mott the Hoople made it famous. Bowie essentially covered it after that.

I don't see why that's relevant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2013, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 05, 2013, 10:17:18 PM

I don't see why that's relevant.
QFT.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt