News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Not your usual sports story

Started by Malthus, July 07, 2013, 03:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I'm guessing that this calls for some sort of penalty ...  :huh:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1492969/referee-beheaded-killing-player-brazil?cc=5901

QuoteAn amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.

The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Liep

I'm sure there's a pun here somewhere.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2013, 03:09:24 PM
I'm sure there's a pun here somewhere.

:zipped:

Gonna keep my head and pull myself together.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

At least the ref waited until after the match to get stoned.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Camerus

Great preparation for the 2014 World Cup.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on July 08, 2013, 08:13:35 PM
Great preparation for the 2014 World Cup.
Can you imagine if that had happened during an important match!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point