News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

If you like classic Chevrolets

Started by Jacob, July 04, 2013, 02:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Then this story is for you. ~500 classic American cars "found", some with as little as 10-40 miles on them.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2013/07/02/1940s-chevy-dealer-re-opens-to-auction-off-500-time-capsule-cars/

Liep

I have already begun a time capsule of my own. So far I have Fiat Multipla and several versions of the Smart Car.

2063 be ready.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Well minus the hoarders aspect of this all.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

This is precisely why I should have money.  Just for this thing, this one thing.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jacob

Caliga

Not a big fan of Chevrolet, but this is still fucking awesome. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on July 04, 2013, 05:58:23 PM
Not a big fan of Chevrolet, but this is still fucking awesome. :cool:

Follow the link to the auctioneer's site and check out the inventory manifest.  Shitload number of Fords as well.  Fairlanes, Galaxies from the 50s and 60s.

Fireblade

This is news? Shit, I can get you at least five old, "classic" Chevys for a low price. Let's say $1,000. :)

(Disclaimer: They're in the middle of Nowhere, Arkansas, they don't have engines, the odometer is sky-high, and they've all got wasp nests and trees and shit growing through them. Also, you have to haul them away.)

Fireblade

But honestly, wtf. 500 cars littering a farm? God damn, I thought my grandfather has a problem with his collection of shitty old cars that haven't moved in ~40 years.