News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The 1520 RPG

Started by Fireblade, July 03, 2013, 07:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Some of you may remember the old 1420, 1515, etc. RPGs on the Paradox forums. It just restarted, and I found myself unbanned, so I started playing as the Elector of Saxony (and Martin Luther.) Back before I earned my 8 year Paradox ban, the RPGs were like the Wild West: Men were men, trolls were trolls, and Neil went on an unholy Mongol rampage against Venice. Shit was so cash.

The years seem to have treated the RPG nicely. The players seem a lot more mature and less prone to do stupid shit, and from what I've read, the rules are a lot better than in the old days. I, myself, have been itching to do some roleplaying recently, but since nobody ever wants to fucking play D&D around where I live, the Paradox RPGs are pretty good.

Here's the situation thus far:

The Emperor is preparing to call the Diet of Worms. Martin Luther just wrote "To the Christian Nobility of the German Nation," Sweden is revolting under Burger Jarl or whatever the fuck that dude's name is, and Russia and Poland are at war. The 16th century was a pretty fucking crazy time, and RPing it can be fucking crazy too.

If you didn't play the Paradox RPGs back in the day, here's how it works. You pick a state which existed in 1520, and start a thread that works as your court. Other players RPing with you post there. When you want to interact with someone, you post in their thread. It's pretty easy. When you go to war, you send your orders to the relevant mod, he does his dice rolls or whatever, and gives you the results. Constantly refreshing to see the outcome of a battle is absolutely nerve wracking. But for the most part, it's straight up role play in a Renaissance setting.

The mods are trying to fill the following secondary powers at the moment. After that, I believe they'll start opening up the minor powers (which are also fun to play!): Tuscany, Palatine of the Rhine, Savoy, Sweden, Scotland, Genoa, Brandenburg, Bavaria.

And last but not least, here is the link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?116-Medieval-RPG

The Brain

Quote from: Fireblade on July 03, 2013, 07:14:03 PM

The Emperor is preparing to call the Diet of Worms

"disgusting"?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fireblade

Hey, they're Germans. We're lucky he didn't call for a Diet of Shit.

Sophie Scholl

I'm tempted to join you and Martinus in the HRE.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Fireblade

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 04, 2013, 09:44:04 PM
I'm tempted to join you and Martinus in the HRE.

Come join us bro. :)