And we're back!

Main Menu

Arab Spring, Round 2

Started by Savonarola, June 28, 2013, 01:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 03:19:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 02, 2013, 03:10:43 PM

Conspiracies do happen from time to time. It's just that conspiracy theories never ever ever get any of the facts right. The only thing relevant about conspiracy theories is what they tell you about the conspiracy theorists and their relations to facts and reason. David Aaronovich and Daniel Pipes have written on the topic and unlike shelf, they got it right.

Wait, you are using Daniel Pipes as an example of anti-conspiracy theories?  The guy who tells us the Obama is an ex-Muslim?

You really are a brainless idiot. I was using Pipes as an example of an analyst of mid-east conspiracy theories. It's usually the crazy nutbags who are able to analyze the nature of the crazy nutbaggery of others. You are the exception, both crazy, deluded and stupid.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 02, 2013, 02:52:16 PM
In fairness conspiracy theories in Arab politics aren't that insane, they're often as accurate a description of what's going on as anything else. In this case and many others they're wrong, but the mindset exists for a reason.

:huh:

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 02, 2013, 03:35:53 PM

Conspiracies do happen from time to time. It's just that conspiracy theories never ever ever get any of the facts right. The only thing relevant about conspiracy theories is what they tell you about the conspiracy theorists and their relations to facts and reason. David Aaronovich and Daniel Pipes have written on the topic and unlike shelf, they got it right.

Wait, you are using Daniel Pipes as an example of anti-conspiracy theories?  The guy who tells us the Obama is an ex-Muslim?

You really are a brainless idiot. I was using Pipes as an example of an analyst of mid-east conspiracy theories. It's usually the crazy nutbags who are able to analyze the nature of the crazy nutbaggery of others. You are the exception, both crazy, deluded and stupid.

You really are a charming person.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Raz battles his way to a draw.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2013, 04:28:14 PM

I just observe that he didn't deny that he was a blithering idiot.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 02, 2013, 04:29:52 PM

I was not accused of  blithering.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 04:31:52 PM

I was not accused of either idiocy or blithering.

Apparently literacy is something you can't be accused of either.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 02, 2013, 04:34:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 04:31:52 PM

I was not accused of either idiocy or blithering.

Apparently literacy is something you can't be accused of either.

Now find blithering.  Why were you reading Daniel Pipes anyway?  He's a like you said he's crazy.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2013, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 02, 2013, 02:52:16 PM
In fairness conspiracy theories in Arab politics aren't that insane, they're often as accurate a description of what's going on as anything else. In this case and many others they're wrong, but the mindset exists for a reason.

:huh:
Sheilbh is a contrarian.  Film at 23:00.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 04:35:43 PM
Now find blithering.  Why were you reading Daniel Pipes anyway?  He's a like you said he's crazy.

While crazy and unlike you, he is interesting and capable of forming cogent sentences.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on July 02, 2013, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 04:35:43 PM

While crazy and unlike you, he is interesting and capable of forming cogent sentences.

Is it perhaps because he's a infamous islamaphobe?

Admiral Yi

What have you read by Pipes, Raz?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2013, 04:40:31 PM
What have you read by Pipes, Raz?

Why?  Couple of articles he wrote back during the Iraq war and something about Obama.  Something about him being a Muslim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 04:41:50 PM
Why?  Couple of articles he wrote back during the Iraq war and something about Obama.  Something about him being a Muslim.

Was that the article in which he argued that Muslims would view him as Muslim because his dad was, it goes through the father's side, and you don't get to choose?  I know there was an article like that, don't know if that was by Pipes.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2013, 04:44:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2013, 04:41:50 PM

Was that the article in which he argued that Muslims would view him as Muslim because his dad was, it goes through the father's side, and you don't get to choose?  I know there was an article like that, don't know if that was by Pipes.

Could be, again why?