And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

For me, that's news about the Pistons.  :sleep:

A shame about the young woman.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Nice play by Joe Johnson just now to win game 1 at the buzzer.  He even got a nice, time consuming bounce before it dropped in.

The Spurs had a pretty good game 1 too.

jimmy olsen

Best basketball photo ever?  :hmm:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Everybody was kung fu fighting!

The Sonics eh? Why taunt Katmai like that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

The legend of little Isaiah Thomas grows as he plays lights out despite losing  tooth.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

It's Bruce Bowen delivering the flying ninja kick and Gary Payton looking at the ball in wonder.  Who's that taking the kick to the dome?

sbr

:hmm:

Based on my extensive research over the last 10 minutes I'm not sure.

The only 2 seasons that Bowen was on the heat were 1996-1997 and 1999-2000; he only played one game for the Heat in 1997 and it was not a home game against Seattle so it has to be the 1999-2000 season.

In that season Bowen played 6 minutes in a 20 point win against Seattle in Miami.

The only 2 white dudes who played for the Sonics in that game are Brent Barry and Greg Foster.

Based on the heights of those players compared to Gary Payton (6'4") the only one that would make sense is Barry (6'6") but he wore #31 and that doesn't look like a 31 on his jersey.

Greg Foster was 6'11" and wore 44 so that doesn't look right either.

MadBurgerMaker

:hmm:  #45 Ruben Wolkowyski?

Hair looks right.  6'10.

Grey Fox

My extensive research points to MBM being right. That's Ruben Wolkowyski.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

DAHH!  I must have been too drunk last night during my extensive research.  I missed that Bowen was still on the Heat in 2000-2001; Wolkowyski and Bowen both played in the Miami/Seattle game that season, so I was off a year.

Nice work MBM!

jimmy olsen

IT drops 53 on the Wizards, willing the Celtics to victory over the Wizards in OT!

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I would like to see both you and toothless joe kicked in the face by Bruce Bowen.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on May 02, 2017, 10:22:39 PM
I would like to see both you and toothless joe kicked in the face by Bruce Bowen.

You a Wizard's fan? :huh:

IT flew back from his sister's funeral and dropped 33 on Washington in a game he got a tooth knocked out. Then he underwent 10 hours of dental surgery in the next two days and dropped 53 on the Wizards on his late sister's 23rd birthday.  That's praiseworthy no matter what team you root for.

1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 04, 2017, 06:16:12 AM

IT flew back from his sister's funeral and dropped 33 on Washington in a game he got a tooth knocked out. Then he underwent 10 hours of dental surgery in the next two days and dropped 53 on the Wizards on his late sister's 23rd birthday.  That's praiseworthy no matter what team you root for.

It is amazing. Unfortunately, he won't join the pantheon of beloved Boston sports stars such as Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, Larry Bird, or Tom Brady, because Thomas is a black guy, and Boston fans are racist assholes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on May 04, 2017, 08:49:02 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 04, 2017, 06:16:12 AM

It is amazing. Unfortunately, he won't join the pantheon of beloved Boston sports stars such as Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, Larry Bird, or Tom Brady, because Thomas is a black guy, and Boston fans are racist assholes.

David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and Paul Peirce are in that pantheon. :contract:

1 Karma Chameleon point