N.Korea leader 'gives Hitler's "Mein Kampf" to officials'

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 19, 2013, 05:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

http://www.france24.com/en/20130619-nkorea-leader-gives-hitlers-mein-kampf-officials

If it's true...
Juche, Kim Jong-Un style? Is he planning to move closer to the Sozialistiches Vaterland model a.k.a Stasiland? That would be an improvement, I guess.

QuoteAFP - North Korean ruler Kim Jong-Un has reportedly given copies of Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" to his top officials, urging them to study it as a leadership skills manual.

Kim handed out translations of the German dictator's manifesto to select officials at the time of his birthday in January, reported New Focus International, an online news portal run by North Korean defectors.

The report, sourced to an unnamed North Korean official working in China, was picked up by all major South Korean newspapers on Wednesday.

North Korea has angrily denied the report, threatening to kill its authors.

"Mentioning that Hitler managed to rebuild Germany in a short time following its defeat in World War I, Kim Jong-Un issued an order for the Third Reich to be studied in depth and asked that practical applications be drawn from it," the source was quoted as saying.

The story was picked up by all major South Korean newspapers on Wednesday.

But the North's police agency later Wednesday called the report a "thrice-cursed crime" aimed at belittling its leader and threatened to kill the "human scum" behind the article.

"We are... determined to take substantial measures to physically remove despicable human scum who are committing treasons," it said in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

"Sordid human scum will never be able to look up to the sky nor be able to find an inch of land to be buried after their death," it said.

It also vowed to launch "merciless punishment of justice" against Seoul and Washington, accusing the two nations of encouraging the defectors to defame its ruler.

"Mein Kampf" ("My Struggle"), written in 1924 while Hitler was languishing in a Bavarian prison before becoming a German leader, is both a vicious anti-Semitic tract and rambling memoir.

The Kim family dynasty has ruled North Korea with an iron fist and pervasive personality cult for more than six decades.

Kim Jong-Un took over the isolated communist state after the death of his father Kim Jong-Il, in December 2011.

fhdz

I guess it's a good thing there aren't any Jews in North Korea.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Would it really matter?  It's not like Hitler's actions were especially vile by the standards of the third world.  The reason he's famous is that he built his atrocity of a state in Europe and in the modern era.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote"We are... determined to take substantial measures to physically remove despicable human scum who are committing treasons," it said in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

"Sordid human scum will never be able to look up to the sky nor be able to find an inch of land to be buried after their death," it said.

Harsh toke.

fhdz

The North Koreans are known for their measured, moderate verbal and written responses.
and the horse you rode in on

Viking

I'm not sure, which is worse telling your officials to use Mein Kampf as a guidebook or having spent the last 70 years using 1984 as a guide book.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Minsky Moment

QuoteNorth Korea has angrily denied the report, threatening to kill its authors.

Not the best response if you are trying to convince people you really aren't Nazis after all.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 19, 2013, 07:24:56 PM
QuoteNorth Korea has angrily denied the report, threatening to kill its authors.

Not the best response if you are trying to convince people you really aren't Nazis after all.
I don't really think they're interested in that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Camerus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 19, 2013, 05:53:56 PM
Quote"We are... determined to take substantial measures to physically remove despicable human scum who are committing treasons," it said in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Harsh toke.

Is Timmay moonlighting for the DPRK?

CountDeMoney

Not just any human scum, but sordid human scum.  That's an entirely different paradigm of building bridges to stakeholders through synergistic integration.

jimmy olsen

Not far fetched given that the state's legitimacy in large part rests on claims of unique moral and ethnic purity.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 19, 2013, 05:53:56 PM

Harsh toke.

I'm not sure if the binoculared leader will appreciate that the "human scum" will be standing around in his palace after being stuffed b the taxidermist...