Sono inglesi. Dove il la pizza? (aka. Tyr goes to Italy)

Started by Josquius, June 16, 2013, 09:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Lettow77

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2013, 07:38:13 PM
Italy without Italians. :mmm:

Believe! The future is coming, not in this world, but another!
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on June 18, 2013, 04:20:24 AM
Everywhere, expect very hot, humid weather; being the nordic you are, bathe in sunscreen before your walks, or you'll end lobster-colored in no time.
Keep your wallet in the front pocket, and look at girls, not at monuments.

Please, please, please, don't take the picture of yourself keeping the tower of Pisa from falling.

L.

Simply excellent advice. :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

FunkMonk

Please, please, please, don't take the picture of yourself keeping the tower of Pisa from falling.

L.

My friends looked at me weird because I didn't pose for that stupid picture, but I knew better.

Hope you have fun Tyr.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Richard Hakluyt

Surely the default languish picture would have the Languishite posing as if pushing the tower over  :hmm: ?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

L.

I'll probally be alone. Incapable. :(
Plus I'm not going to Pisa, hope to be back in Italy another time and it seems a prime place for flying in or out.

Its weird on the sunscreen front...but I hardly ever wear it in Japan and rarely get burned. :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

It is booked.
:w00t:

Now for the trouble of finding hotels...
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Does anyone know of Orvieto?
It seems a nice place to stop off for a few hours.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

Orvieto is a wonderful little town, definitely worth a one-day visit. IMO it's one of the most beautiful places in Central Italy. I mentioned it, but maybe in another thread about holidays in Italy, maybe FunkMonk's or another one.

What will be your scheduled visits? If I can I'll check with you for a beer. :cheers:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

Josquius

Thanks.
All I have set in stone right now is my 7th arrival in Rome and 20th departure from Venice.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Another vote for Orvieto from me, really cool little town.

LaCroix

i hated rome, what a godawful city. some sights were fun, but much of it felt like a serious waste of time in a dirty, modern city. naples was the best for atmosphere, with the historic center in florence and venice island very worth a visit, too