News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cal's Smoky Mountain AAR

Started by Caliga, June 14, 2013, 01:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on June 14, 2013, 02:31:57 PM
Oh, I forgot.  I taste-tested all of their moonshine varieties.  One shot each.  I believe they have 11 varieties. :blush:

I sure hope you weren't doing the driving.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

:lol: I was, and not only was I doing the driving but shortly thereafter I drove through the Great Smoky Mountains on US 441, which twists and turns up to abotu 5,600 feet about sea level and back down again.  There are lots of 1,000+ foot dropoffs along that route. :)

Fortunately after the distillery we went to the Five Guys next door and I had a huge lunch, so that helped a lot.  My badass tolerance also helped. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

AnchorClanker

My Dad's side is from this area (Germans who moved to Hendersonville/Edneyville) - that's a pretty area.  Don't miss the Carl Sandburg House... that's well worth the trip down to Flat Rock.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Caliga

Oh, I forgot.  I went to Dixie Stampede also.  Ended up on the Southern side, and we lost. :mad:

Caliga

Quote from: AnchorClanker on June 14, 2013, 02:59:39 PM
My Dad's side is from this area (Germans who moved to Hendersonville/Edneyville) - that's a pretty area.  Don't miss the Carl Sandburg House... that's well worth the trip down to Flat Rock.
We drove to Asheville by way of Maggie Valley, and for some reason well over half of the vehicles on that stretch of road were Harley Trikes. :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers