California Supreme Court to issue Prop. 8 decision today

Started by garbon, May 26, 2009, 01:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on May 26, 2009, 07:02:42 PM
Dude, it's a community college.  I make it my business to harass community college students by yelling things like, "Thanks for ruining America's educational system!" and "The world needs ditch-diggers, Danny!" as I drive by.  Some of those poor stupid fucks come out of community college with debt load equal to what got me through law school.  Suckers.

Yeah it'd be better if they didn't try to get any education...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Well although a decent amount of people came out to protest yesterday, it was rather uninspired.  We'd already expected the court's decision so there wasn't a lot of anger...more weariness than anything else.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Scipio on May 26, 2009, 07:02:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2009, 01:49:56 PM
Quote"I'm really happy that Prop. 8 was upheld, but I was just told by somebody that she's going to harass me until the day I die," Kulinich said. "Now I'm really concerned for my safety.

"I didn't expect that," she said. "I'm shaking right now."

Wait you went to San Francisco to oppose gays and you did not expect to be confronted with hostility?

I will go to your Klown Kristian Kollege and piss on Jesus not expecting any hostility at all and see where that gets me.

Dude, it's a community college.  I make it my business to harass community college students by yelling things like, "Thanks for ruining America's educational system!" and "The world needs ditch-diggers, Danny!" as I drive by.  Some of those poor stupid fucks come out of community college with debt load equal to what got me through law school.  Suckers.
My sister is going to community college to learn how to be an X-Ray technician.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2009, 12:01:15 PM
My sister is going to community college to learn how to be an X-Ray technician.
Oddly, Princesca's cousin is going to Morehead State in the fall for the same reason, but it's a four year B.S. program.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 12:00:40 PM
Well although a decent amount of people came out to protest yesterday, it was rather uninspired.  We'd already expected the court's decision so there wasn't a lot of anger...more weariness than anything else.

You should be celebrating the fact this was put to the vote.  A few years ago there wouldn't even have been a referendum about it.  There's been progress.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on May 27, 2009, 12:04:07 PM
You should be celebrating the fact this was put to the vote.  A few years ago there wouldn't even have been a referendum about it.  There's been progress.

G.

:tinfoil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_22_(2000)

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on May 27, 2009, 07:57:22 PM
And what do you object to now ?
G.

Well we have a vote on it 8 years ago...and it was a proposition with the exact same text.  Seems to me that refutes your statement that a few years ago we wouldn't have even had a referendum about it.

The only sign of progress is that about 10% fewer people voted for the ban last year.  I suppose there is some solace that while still a majority, fewer people now hate gays.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 08:57:34 PM
Quote from: Grallon on May 27, 2009, 07:57:22 PM
And what do you object to now ?
G.

Well we have a vote on it 8 years ago...and it was a proposition with the exact same text.  Seems to me that refutes your statement that a few years ago we wouldn't have even had a referendum about it.

The only sign of progress is that about 10% fewer people voted for the ban last year.  I suppose there is some solace that while still a majority, fewer people now hate gays.
I'm going to start publicizing Martinus.  Expect that to change.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 08:57:34 PM

The World - or California - is older than 1990 boy...  and change doesn't happpen overnight!

G.

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 27, 2009, 09:10:15 PM

If people can look upon Perez Hilton and not feel the urge to hate gays, they can handle Martinus.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on May 27, 2009, 09:11:26 PM
The World - or California - is older than 1990 boy...  and change doesn't happpen overnight!

G.

Oh so by a few years, you meant decades? :unsure:

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 09:21:06 PM

If people can look upon Perez Hilton and not feel the urge to hate gays, they can handle Martinus.

I am weak then :cry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 09:22:07 PM

Oh so by a few years, you meant decades? :unsure:

You are a member of Languish, aren't you supposed to be a history buff, at least in name ?  Stop being facetious by the gods!

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 09:21:06 PM

Nobody knows who Perez Hilton is.  Soon, everyone will know who Martinus is.  And when that happens, gays will face the full force of persecution, like they've never felt it before.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.