Main Menu

An ABBA Reunion Now On The Cards ?

Started by mongers, March 11, 2013, 08:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Abba's Agnetha comes out of retirement
By Mark Savage
Arts and entertainment reporter, BBC News

One of pop's most enigmatic voices has emerged with her first album in nine years. Agnetha Faltskog's new album sees her duet with Gary Barlow and collaborate with Britney Spears' Swedish songwriting team. Just don't call her "mysterious".

Forty-five years ago, before Abba were even a twinkle in Eurovision's eye, Agnetha Faltskog made her very first TV appearance.

Aged just 17, she performed Jag Var Sa Kar (I Was So In Love), a syrupy self-penned waltz, on Swedish TV show Studio 8.

Rest of article here::
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21687897

:wub:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

This is what the Brain could leave his beloved animals for...

PS: nah, just relaunching a solo career.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on March 11, 2013, 10:53:05 AM
:perv: Hottie back in the day.

:thumbsup:

I approve, though I prefered Anni-Frid. :wub:

I like her wedding ring if thats what she's wearing, nice and simple.

I'm actually old enough to remember some women wearing those 'Indian' skins when they were in fashion. gasp.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Is she the one who married her stalker?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Drakken

It's Bjorn and Benny who call the shots, and they both said that they will never reunite ABBA for a concert. Not even for a billion. First they don't need the money, they have nothing new to sing really, everyone has moved on in their lives, and the ABBA period, as far as creation, is now part of the past. Also, it is rumored there are just too many issues left over between Bjorn and Agnetha; at least Frida and Benny are on speaking terms.

Besides, Agnetha made an (very good, albeit underrated) solo album in 2004, and she has come out of her shell notably the last few years.

And to answer MIM, yes she did. And I can't believe anyone would pick Frida over A. :perv: