News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Katmai's next line- "UConn go fuck yourself."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Damn.  Fuck Jim Calhoun, hopefully the next bout with cancer is the one that sticks.

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2011, 10:34:10 PM
Katmai's next line- "UConn go fuck yourself."

:huh:

Nah they played good D, and Butler even when had a open shot couldn't do shit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Thank Hod for UCONN, or I'd never back a winner. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

College students going to schools like Butler need to learn that dreams die.  Just like adults learn.

The Larch

Correct me if I'm wrong but that must have been a hideous game.

Also, can you please expand on the vacated titles and ridiculous regulations thingies?

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2011, 06:09:10 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but that must have been a hideous game.

Oh god yes.

What vacated titles? So far I don't know of any champion that has had to do so, but a few teams with Final Four Appearances and Runner ups (Michigan '92 & '93)

UMass had its 4-1 1996 NCAA Tournament record vacated when the NCAA discovered that UMass player Marcus Camby had accepted money and gifts from an agent

and

Memphis (On August 20, the NCAA ruled that Rose was ineligible and forced Memphis to vacate the entire 2007-08 season, including the NCAA Tournament and its standing as runner-up. It took the line that even though Rose's score had not been thrown out by the Educational Testing Service, which administers the SAT, until after the season, strict liability required that Rose be ruled ineligible. The committee also determined that even without the questions about his SAT score, he would have lost his eligibility in December 2007 due to his brother being allowed to travel with the team for free)

The Larch

Wasn't there also a Turkish center that played in one of the big teams that was forced to sit out because he had gotten some money back when he played in Turkey? I got the impression that the league was being way overzealous with the "you can't get any money at all to play with us" mantra.

Ed Anger

sbr has been noted for his Butler cocksucking. We shant forget.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2011, 06:24:05 AM
Wasn't there also a Turkish center that played in one of the big teams that was forced to sit out because he had gotten some money back when he played in Turkey? I got the impression that the league was being way overzealous with the "you can't get any money at all to play with us" mantra.

Enes Kanter, he made verbal to U of Washington when he was lighty recruited, then after some showing in Summer Camps he switched to Kentucky. But before he ever played a game it came to light he and family had taken money from Turkish pro clubs.

Overzealous? Heh the mantra of NCAA is they are amateurs, but as it has been for pretty much the whole existence of the  organization has been dealing with students getting money and goods from 3rd parties.

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2011, 06:29:36 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2011, 06:24:05 AM

Enes Kanter, he made verbal to U of Washington when he was lighty recruited, then after some showing in Summer Camps he switched to Kentucky. But before he ever played a game it came to light he and family had taken money from Turkish pro clubs.

Overzealous? Heh the mantra of NCAA is they are amateurs, but as it has been for pretty much the whole existence of the  organization has been dealing with students getting money and goods from 3rd parties.

But that seems ridiculous to me. The guy was playing pro basketball in Europe before going to the US for university. I *could* understand wanting to implement hardcore amateurism during the college years, as backwards and disingenious as it seems to me, but punishing the player from something that happened before he played there seems ludicrous.

Grey Fox

It is ridiculous but it's the NCAA. Every decision they take is ridiculous.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2011, 06:39:20 AM
But that seems ridiculous to me. The guy was playing pro basketball in Europe before going to the US for university. I *could* understand wanting to implement hardcore amateurism during the college years, as backwards and disingenious as it seems to me, but punishing the player from something that happened before he played there seems ludicrous.

Being an amateur is like being a virgin.  It doesn't grow back.

Oddly enough though amateur status goes sport by sport.  Some college had a kicker who played for a while in pro fodbol before washing out.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2011, 06:41:38 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2011, 06:39:20 AM

Being an amateur is like being a virgin.  It doesn't grow back.

Oddly enough though amateur status goes sport by sport.  Some college had a kicker who played for a while in pro fodbol before washing out.

You talking about my boy Barclay at THE Ohio State?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2011, 06:42:42 AM
You talking about my boy Barclay at THE Ohio State?

Not sure.  You tell me.