And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2018, 11:59:25 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
Sure but it's peanuts compared to the amounts lost through tax evasion.

Do you know this or are you inferring?

Are we seriously comparing the maid you pay cash with Panama Papers level stuff?

Tamas

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2018, 02:12:06 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2018, 11:59:25 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
Sure but it's peanuts compared to the amounts lost through tax evasion.

Do you know this or are you inferring?

Are we seriously comparing the maid you pay cash with Panama Papers level stuff?

Morality-wise the Panama Papers stuff is worse of course, but in terms of tax revenue avoided within a country, I am not sure at all.

Zoupa

Maladict

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

I'm 100% pro-nuclear if that helps. I think current renewable energies are too little too late. The green parties and movements are really stupid and unreasonable on the nuclear power question.

They're understandably annoyed because it shouldn't have been too little too late.

Zoupa

Yeah well we're here now. No point in rehashing the lost battles of the 70s.

Tamas

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2018, 02:58:13 AM
:bleeding:

Well, I can be wrong. But also it is very often that people excuse a behaviour just because they themselves engage in it, so I like to be careful with the judgement of economic damage. Also, I am talking about the cases of rich people evading taxes on their income. Hiding embezzled money in Panama and other places is a different matter entirely, that's not tax evasion, that's theft.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on November 10, 2018, 02:12:06 AM

I don't think it's as obvious as you make it out to be.  I've never seen any actual figures.  Lots of small amounts can often add up to more than a few large amounts.

Syt

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/dd-party-member-with-3-charisma-keeps-trying-to-fucking-roll-deception/?fbclid=IwAR2CIZYVoWXbCexQ_Pd9baz59lLXdlu8EHM84t9x5-chHl08298tKQl2eaM

QuoteD&D Party Member With -3 Charisma Keeps Trying to Fucking Roll Deception

WSHINGTON — Sarah Huckabee Sanders, roleplaying as Press Secretary, was seen attempting yet another Deception roll despite her character sporting an abysmal 5 total Charisma score, according to insiders from within the Trump administration. The low roll of 3 (natural 6 minus 3 when factoring in Charisma) was contested by the entire nation's passive Insight, which at the time of reporting currently sits at 9.

Though Sanders is specced into primarily Intelligence to bolster her spellcasting ability to allow her to conjure up fantastical images and fake realities, other players at the table have commented that she goes out of her way to use her worst stat to lie to almost every NPC that they meet in the game.

"I'd say it was funny once or twice, but nobody at the table is laughing anymore and she really isn't getting it," recently killed-off Human Barbarian Jeff Sessions said to reporters. "I mean, even with my low Wisdom, I still managed to make some decent rolls in the campaign, like hitting the saving throw and successfully recusing myself from the Russia investigation."

Sanders' roll was made after the party's plan to destroy a troublesome NPC named Jim Acosta went belly-up, leaving them floundering for a backup in true D&D fashion. According to Sanders, Acosta is a rude and bloodthirsty Level 14 Monk who found President Trump (Goblin Bard) and beat up his squire.

"Honestly, President Trump rolled Persuasion against Acosta earlier in the session to an unfortunate critical failure," explained Dungeon Master Vladimir Putin, laughing. "But I don't really care, I'm the kind of DM who loves to fuck with all his players. I'll be happiest if the Trump Campaign all goes horribly wrong."

Trump's squire refused to comment, but eyewitnesses of the alleged scuffle say her Dexterity was low and that she simply failed half-a-dozen Sleight of Hand checks on Acosta.

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

mongers

:D

Now that is funny.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

I see he's up for the challenge of making his most stupid tweet, this morning's one is certainly a contender:

@realDonaldTrump    5h

There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2018, 12:30:58 PM
But I think history is against you on that proposition.  Unions tend to become less radical over time as the labour law reforms the advocate are implemented. 

QuoteTurns out unionized workers are not, generally speaking, radical.  They seem to just want a fair shake and a decent quality of life for their family.
their last strike was about this regulatory change:
https://www.ccq.org/en/E_CertificatsCompetence/E02_Apprenti/E02_9_Grutiers/Tableau_avantapres

vandalism & death threats as usual.  For this.

A few years ago, they cut the air supply for underwater welder who weren't obeying the union word of stopping all work.

As far as political violence goes:
Original text (French)
Google translate

QuoteMore than $ 1 million worth of equipment burned in one night, serious bottle wounds and sabotaged machinery: attacks claimed by far-left groups have been on the rise in Quebec for a few months, while all the projectors are turned in the opposite direction.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Despite the WH saying no, I predict he'll have a little tête-à-tête with Mr Putin.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    2h

Had very productive meetings and calls for our Country today. Meeting tonight with World Leaders!

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2018, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: dps on November 09, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
There's been a lot of stupid stuff posted here over the years, but I think the idea that tax evasion is something only done by right-wingers may be the stupidest.

Tax evasion is done by the rich, poor people can't afford the knowledge.
and you think leftist are only poor, oppressed people?

Tell me, what do you think of Jocelyn Dupuis?

And why is it that it so happens that so many high level FTQ executives just happenned to have condo adresses right next to known mobsters and Hell's Angels in buildings finance by their "Fond de Solidarité"?

And why is it that union development funds, "totally" dedicated to creating jobs in Quebec (mostly) &Canada (can't avoid it) happen to invest in fiscal paradise or countries with very lax fiscal (and legal) rules?

You might want to rethink your asumptions.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.