News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by viper37 - Today at 09:53:34 PM
Jerusalem Post (developping story)

Explosions in Syria, Iran and Iraq.

QuoteAn Israeli missile strike targeted a site in Iran early Friday morning, according to ABC News. The report came shortly after local sources reported explosions in Isfahan in central Iran, in the As-Suwayda Governorate of southern Syria, and in the Baghdad area and Babil Governorate of Iraq early Friday morning.
Gaming HQ / Re: The Miscellaneous PC & vid...
Last post by Habbaku - Today at 09:47:22 PM
Major order crushed in under 24 hours.  :lol:
Last post by jimmy olsen - Today at 09:43:15 PM
Last post by Razgovory - Today at 09:42:55 PM
Not good.
Last post by jimmy olsen - Today at 09:42:17 PM
Yeah, I've seen reports that they've hit the main nuclear site and an air force base.
Last post by OttoVonBismarck - Today at 09:39:38 PM
Israel has struck targets in Iran, reports right now suggest Isfahan, but details sketchy.
Off the Record / Re: [Canada] Canadian Politics...
Last post by viper37 - Today at 09:39:30 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 04:29:52 PMAnd remember this is not just about shares in a company, there a lot of properties throughout Canada that are about to change hands.  That will all be fully taxed in the hands of the beneficiaries after the 250k amount.  Which all properties in Canada.

My prediction:

The Conservatives will tear their shirts on this, campaigning on how Justin Trudeau hurt the economy.  They will form the next majority government.

In their first budget... They won't touch this new taxation measure.  All provinces have now followed suit.  They all want the money.  There is no turning back.  The Feds just gave them the perfect excuse: "We need to harmonize our taxation systems".

Off the Record / Re: 2024 US Presidential Elect...
Last post by viper37 - Today at 09:39:16 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Today at 03:31:25 PMOh, I guess I was mistaken. I thought I read somewhere that recording was not allowed in this court room.

Canada does not allow recording in court rooms.  But the US does.
Last post by viper37 - Today at 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: HVC on Today at 04:19:25 PMI think it's 7k now? It's cumulative though, right? You can add in the current year any unused cap amount from previous years?

It varies from year to year. Usually around 5 000$, but Harper made it 10 000$ in 2015. It's 7000$ now and will be indexed to inflation and rounded to the nearest 500$.  And yes, it's cumulative.

TSFA
Last post by viper37 - Today at 09:28:31 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 04:34:52 PMNow guess what, it is now deemed a bare trust, and we get to the pay the taxes on the account at my marginal tax rate!!!!
I would oppose that decision if I were you.  Having a joint account and power of attorney for someone who has trouble making his own financial payments is not the same has having a bare trust.  It is something I should know...  Granted, common law is different than our civil code.  Still...

You'll obviously need an accountant to help you sort this out, but the CRA is totally wrong on this.