And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
Last post by Gups - Today at 03:28:30 AM
Xavi's staying on Barca after all. Quite the u-turn
Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by Josquius - Today at 03:09:16 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2024, 06:30:08 PMI don't want to print a sign saying I'll burn Tehran to the ground.  First because I couldn't do it, and second because I believe that would make me a bad person.

I will continue to come here and express my negative judgement of protestors who call for more dead Israelis.  You can call it whining if you want but I see things differently.

The issue isn't whether these people are cunts. They obviously are.
Its those pointing to them and going "See! See! Anyone who dares to speak against Israel is like this! Anti zionism is anti semitism!"
Its like saying there's no difference between those criticising the Saudi or Iranian regime and the "muslims are subhuman and should all be killed" brigade
Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by Josquius - Today at 03:03:13 AM
]
Quote from: Syt on Today at 12:46:54 AMOh, also: Sesame Street. When I was watching it in early 80s, it was a mix of German produced content and bits from 70s/80s US Sesame Street (mostly animated and puppet sections).
I think ours was 100% American. Right down to the letter Zee.
It was a show I rarely watched due to its scheduling.

Which incidentally is an interesting point on kids show these days. As things become a lot more American and internationalised I am noticing with kids shows it tends to be common these days that you have British English translations of American shows.
I know Americans have always did this the other way around (Thomas without Ringo Starr? What the hell is the point?) but its nice to see it this way too.

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2024, 04:51:31 PMYeah my husband had never heard of Are You Being Served whereas I was like it was on PBS so one of the main things I knew about British television growing up.

This is quite amazing.
Its not a show I've ever really sat down and watched but it gets enough references in "Best comedies of all time" lists and the like. Very very famous in its time and it echoed through beyond then too.
I'd have thought he would have ran into it from the gay angle too, I gather its seen as a pretty important show in gay British history with being a really prominent showing of a 'not explicitly stated but undoubtedly is' gay guy (and how painfully cliched a representation it is).  Pretty sure I recall once watching a documentary on the topic.
He's just never watched much TV?
Off the Record / Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
Last post by Josquius - Today at 02:53:08 AM
Also, I'm really cheering for Luton at the moment. They deserve to stay up more than forest. Despite the geography.
Gaming HQ / Re: New Paradox Tinto Game? EU...
Last post by Syt - Today at 01:27:46 AM
Worryingly, Johan said most players will be fine to just leave all that automated. :D
Last post by garbon - Today at 01:26:44 AM
I've mentally written this one off. I'll be pleasantly surprised if all this results in an enjoyable game..
Last post by Syt - Today at 01:05:45 AM
QuoteFor example, building a light ship in the Age of Renaissance requires Naval Supplies, Lumber, Weaponry, Copper, Tin, and Metalworks, while moving your capital requires Paper, Books, Stone, Lumber, Marble, and gold.

QuoteBuildings are rather important in Project Caesar. There are hundreds of different types of buildings, some can only be built in rural locations, and some require a town or city. Some can only be built in ports, and some can only be built in other countries. Some you can only build when there is no owner of a location. Lots of buildings are unique to cultures, regions, religions, or even to specific tags.

Some buildings can only have 1 level, some have a fixed cap, and some have a cap that scales with the population or development, and so on.

Buildings can also be categorized into three different categories: buildings that can produce goods, buildings that only give effects, and buildings that can only be built by the estates. Those pure estates usually have a drawback to them as well, and it's not easy to remove them.

QuoteSo what about producing buildings then? This is where the truly fun parts of the economy start. Project Caesar has a large amount of different goods. We currently have about 70 different ones that have different needs, some are needed for the military, some are needed solely by pops, some are needed for buildings, and so on.

QuoteAs an example, a Castle does not produce any goods, but it still requires Stone, Metalworks, Weaponry, and Tar to function, and if it does not get those goods, then the Castle will not function properly. The effectiveness of a building is based on the lowest available percentage of goods present, and it will only purchase and use required materials in that percentage required. If the market cannot supply enough resources, then it will not work.

Plus, of course, pops to operate buildings. So basically the Vic3 economy heavily expanded? Call me skeptical re: balance, AI being able to handle it, performance ...
Last post by Syt - Today at 01:01:57 AM
From the latest post. Maybe "a bit" too granular for a game supposed to span 500 years? :P

Off the Record / Re: Star Wars Megathread
Last post by Crazy_Ivan80 - Today at 12:54:01 AM
Oldest and I just started the 3rd season. Pretty okay so far. The daily routine tune was perfect for what was being shown.

Shame it's the last season
Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by Syt - Today at 12:46:54 AM
Oh, also: Sesame Street. When I was watching it in early 80s, it was a mix of German produced content and bits from 70s/80s US Sesame Street (mostly animated and puppet sections).